disappointed

Posted by kanaca on Aug 03, 2012

I really like Jarrow products, typically. But this made no difference, when cheaper formulas did. I read other reviews. Since July, other customers have remarked the formula (and bottle) have changed.

The best B12 i have ever tried!

Posted by iHerbguide on Jun 16, 2016

I had severe B12 deficiency for many years and no prescription medication worked (in Norway it is normal to give B12 in the form of cyanocobalamin). I was advised to try methylcobalamin in higher dose than you can buy in Norway. I ordered my first box on iherb, and now I have taken this type for three years. Results off bloodwork are better than ever(I'm stable on 700-800 nmol/L). Recommend this highly! Tastes good too :) You can't overdose B vitamins since they are water soluble , the body absorbs what it needs and the excess is excreted through the urine. I recommend that you take a good B complex when you start supplementing with B12 and / or folate . This because supplementing only with B12 / folate may camouflage the lack of other B vitamins. When you have low values ​​/ lack of B12 / Folate, you will also likely have low levels of other B vitamins. Visit my iherb page to find a recommendation for a good B complex and several other recommendations and reviews. Was this review helpfull to you? Pleace press "Yes" below :) NORSK: Jeg har lidt av alvorlig B12 mangel i en årrekke og behandling med reseptbelagte tilskudd/injeksjoner har ikke virket/hatt minimal effekt. Jeg begynte og lese meg opp på dette med vitaminer og mineraler og ble gjort oppmerksom på at man kun får kjøpt B12 i form av cyanokobalamin (syntetisk B12/kjemisk fremstilt) i Norge, unntaket er muligheten for injeksjon i form av hydroksokobalamin som har noe bedre opptak. Jeg ble anbefalt av en privat lege med god kompetanse på feltet å forsøke tilskudd i form av høydose methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin er den naturlige formen for B12 og den har høy biotilgjengelighet/godt opptak. Jeg har nå benyttet denne formen i 3 år og har stabile B12 verdier på 700-800 nmol/L. B vitaminer kan ikke overdoseres ettersom de er vannløselige, kroppen tar opp det den trenger og overskuddet skilles ut gjennom urinen. Jeg anbefaler at du tar et godt B kompleks i "bunn" når du begynner med tilskudd av B12 og/eller folat. Dette ettersom å supplere kun men B12/folat vil kunne kamuflere mangel av andre B vitaminer. Når du har lave verdier/mangel på B12/Folat vil du også sannsynligvis ha lave verdier av andre B vitaminer. Besøk min iHerb side for anbefaling av et godt B kompleks og flere andre anbefalinger og reviews :) Fant du denne tilbakemeldingen hjelpsom? Trykk "Yes" under :)

Warning- Quality has dropped!

Posted by Blue-Sky on Jan 01, 2013

Jarrow has changed the formula and it doesn't work so well any more.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2431705 on Dec 12, 2010

I'm not sure why other reviewers are complaining that these lozenges take a long time to dissolve--they're SUPPOSED to take a long time to melt in your mouth. If, like me, you have pernicious anemia, you won't be able to absorb b12 in your stomach. But if you keep this lozenge between your gum and lip for as long as you can (don't chew it or swallow it), you will absorb b12 through the blood vessels in your mouth. Using one tablet a day, I've eliminated my need for injectable b12. Just remember to make it last as long as you can.

child with autism, worth a try

Posted by Reviewer1612414 on Apr 06, 2010

There are some people on the web advocating metyhyl-B 12 injections and nasal sprays for kids with autism. This Jarrow lozenge seemed a whole lot easier and at %16,667 the recommended daily dose for methyl-B12, I can't figure how much more you would get via the other routes. Anyways, I started my 10 yr old son on about 1-2 a week and he does seem a bit more focused. I have also added some other B vitamins (Metafolin and B6). I don't believe in mega doses so all of these are every other day at most. He also takes vitamin D and omega-3 supplaments.

Works for me!

Posted by Reviewer1591143 on Oct 17, 2007

I am an older, long-time vegetarian, and had recently notice some decline in my cognitive processes. I had never before taken sublingual B-12, but decided to try it. The improvement of my mental functioning was significant. I am very grateful for this product.

Good B-12 Supplement

Posted by SherryB on Aug 23, 2012

I was not sure that I was absorbing the B-12 as this can be a problem with B-12 supplements, but I had a blood test and I rated very well on my B-12 levels that were much lower before.

Best form of Methyl B-12 to take!

Posted by Reviewer2192944 on Jan 11, 2009

I was low on B-12 and taking this gave me an instant boost in energy. It effectively raised my b-12 levels (tested by my MD) and also increased my energy. Excellent product.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3291625 on Jan 18, 2010

Excellent - first recommended to me by an MD - his feelings are that everyone should use it - blood ranges should be between 2,000 and 2,500 mcg and felt it was what kept people out of PTSD (in addition to thyroid being set properly) and helped memory to stay good (in addition to thyroid being set properly). Please note it must be Methylcobalamin B-12 not just plain B-12.

Methyl B12

Posted by Reviewer3301612 on Jul 11, 2008

My daughter has pernicious anaemia and whilst she self-injects cyanocobalamin weekly (she is monitored by her doctor) she has noted an improvement with the "fog days" that accompany PA. She said the methyl clears her mind, she can think more clearly. So many pharmaceutical companies are beginning to manufacture cyanocobalamin tablets to replace IM injections of B12, I wish they would make better use of their research dollars by doing long-term studies on methylcobalamin B12, these studies to factor in age and severity of pernicious anaemia, particularly if there is any neurological damage caused by the B12 deficiency. Pat Kornic, Canadian Representative Pernicious Anaemia Society