Jarrow Formulas, Methyl B-12, Cherry Flavor, 5000 mcg, 60 Lozenges

Clearly one of the most effective methylcobalamins

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Sep 24, 2008

I and my 3 children are hypersensitive to methylcobalamin. Jarrow is generally sensed within 10 minutes of using sublingually and is very effective. In 10 brands that we tested of sublingual methylb12 Jarrow was one of only two brands that rated 5 stars. I have had pronounced healing since starting this brand.

Very Good Results so far

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

I bought this for a friend who is currently getingt B-12 shots. Because this is sublingual it gets absorbed directly into he blood and avoids the digestive system. Some people are missing a cofactor required to absorb B12. This cofactor is called intrinsic factor. These folks can not get B12 from food. The methyl form of B12 is the reduced form and is a preferred choice. The other common form is cyanocobalamin which must be converted to the methyl form to be utilized. Some people have trouble with this conversion process and thus don't get much if any benefit from taking it. So far my friend has said he has more energy by taking one 5g lozenge a day. He said he may bump it up to one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is unclear right now if he can eliminate getting the shot but he is feeling better in between shots and he may be able to extend the time in between. Taking a daily lozenge is much easier and cheaper than getting a shot at the doctors office every months or so. So if you are in this state, give it a try. Also, it is good to supplement with a good B-complex with 400 mcg of methyl Folate as that is also needed to fully utilize B12. You want as much in your favor as possible. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above where you will find more value added reviews. Thanks and have peace and good health.

My husband and I were very impressed!!!

Posted by Reviewer1250062 on Feb 06, 2008

We just got our order in today and tried this for the first time. We both were really dragging & talking about how drained we felt, so we thought it was perfect timing to try this stuff. To be honest, we did not expect to notice anything since that seems to be the typical result with us. However, to our amazement, we both felt GREAT and decided to take our son to the park!!! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!! Thanks Jarrow & I-herb

B-12 Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer1730689 on Mar 20, 2010

excellent flavor, I feel more energetic since taking these compared to the inject-able B-12. great price

Awesome at first... HEADACHES afterwards!

Posted by Reviewer2077692 on Aug 07, 2012

Be very, very careful with this mega-dose of B12. Humans only need a tiny amount of B12 - 2-3 micro grams per day. These 5000 mcg tabs will blow you out of the water. That's exactly what happened to me. Firstly, it was awesome - after being slow, generally in the bad mood and not motivated to do anything in daily life (due to b12 insufficiency caused by veg diet) I started taking them and voila - I was almost immediately back into action! Heaps of energy! "Can do anything" attitude! But little I knew. After a couple of weeks on these I started getting headaches. Like really bad ones, lasting for, I kid you not, 2-3 days in a row. Imaging waking up with a headache. Going to work. Then going back home. Falling asleep. Only to wake up with that headache again. So, be very, very careful. I'd say get a mildel version of these. And if you get headaches - STOP TAKING THEM!