Jarrow Formulas, Methyl B-12, Cherry Flavor, 5000 mcg, 60 Lozenges

Very Good Results so far

Posted by NBPT100 From Massachusetts on Jun 27, 2013

I bought this for a friend who is currently getingt B-12 shots. Because this is sublingual it gets absorbed directly into he blood and avoids the digestive system. Some people are missing a cofactor required to absorb B12. This cofactor is called intrinsic factor. These folks can not get B12 from food. The methyl form of B12 is the reduced form and is a preferred choice. The other common form is cyanocobalamin which must be converted to the methyl form to be utilized. Some people have trouble with this conversion process and thus don't get much if any benefit from taking it. So far my friend has said he has more energy by taking one 5g lozenge a day. He said he may bump it up to one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It is unclear right now if he can eliminate getting the shot but he is feeling better in between shots and he may be able to extend the time in between. Taking a daily lozenge is much easier and cheaper than getting a shot at the doctors office every months or so. So if you are in this state, give it a try. Also, it is good to supplement with a good B-complex with 400 mcg of methyl Folate as that is also needed to fully utilize B12. You want as much in your favor as possible. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above where you will find more value added reviews. Thanks and have peace and good health.

Awesome at first... HEADACHES afterwards!

Posted by Reviewer2077692 From Australia on Aug 07, 2012

Be very, very careful with this mega-dose of B12. Humans only need a tiny amount of B12 - 2-3 micro grams per day. These 5000 mcg tabs will blow you out of the water. That's exactly what happened to me. Firstly, it was awesome - after being slow, generally in the bad mood and not motivated to do anything in daily life (due to b12 insufficiency caused by veg diet) I started taking them and voila - I was almost immediately back into action! Heaps of energy! "Can do anything" attitude! But little I knew. After a couple of weeks on these I started getting headaches. Like really bad ones, lasting for, I kid you not, 2-3 days in a row. Imaging waking up with a headache. Going to work. Then going back home. Falling asleep. Only to wake up with that headache again. So, be very, very careful. I'd say get a mildel version of these. And if you get headaches - STOP TAKING THEM!

Will never be without this product - Australia

Posted by Reviewer2037732 From Australia on Nov 26, 2010

I have had rheumatoid arthritis for well over ten years. 2010 has been a particularly bad year but I have made some important discoveries. The first being that if I don't eat any gluten the bulk of my pain disappears. Even with that discovery I had very severe pain in my feet and also my hands. While doing some research online I came across some posts about peripheral neuropathy and B12 deficiency. My doctors had never mentioned this possibility to me. In the past I had supplemented B12 as I do not eat meat but it was cyano B12 as we cannot buy methyl b12 in Australia. Long story short I ordered Jarrow methylb12 from iherb and I am now getting my life back. Terrible pain virtually disappeared within a few days and I can now walk almost pain free. Just need to work on damage done. One other very important discovery was also being intolerant to other foods ie tomatoes, strawberries and possibly dairy.

Absorbed very well

Posted by Reviewer3085532 From Australia on Mar 13, 2008

I found the Jarrow Formulas B12 increased my B12 count very quickly..it appears they are absorbed very well !

Huge change!

Posted by Reviewer1870531 From Japan on Nov 24, 2008

Being a B12 deficient vegan, I noticed a huge change starting from the first time I took this Jarrow Methyl B12. My energy has increased noticeably as well.