Jarrow Formulas, Milk Thistle, 150 mg, 200 Capsules

the best milk thistle available

Posted by Reviewer3062601 From Iowa on May 18, 2010

I purchased this product based on the fact that it was the only product of it's kind that passed Consumer Labs.com's potency and purity tests. All of the other brands failed. It has helped my liver enzymes return to normal. I had used other brands for the past 4 yrs, however they did not work for me. It pays to use Quality supplements. I only wished that i had researced this before using worthless products for those 4 yrs.

Women watch out!!

Posted by Reviewer2321661 From Hong Kong on Apr 13, 2011

I have been on milk thistle for about 1 year. I do not take other supplements except Omega 3 fish oil. I discovered lumps in both breasts and were really worried. Have them checked (ultrasound etc.) and found out that they are cysts. My doc asked me if I am on HRT. I said "NO". I told him I am on milk thistle for liver health. He told me that our body will recognize milk thistle as estrogen. I have too much estrogen and that leads to breast cysts. I stopped the milk thistle for about 3 weeks and the cysts have gone much smaller. Hope this helps.

High Purity Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer3059943 From California on Mar 05, 2008

This product is of the highest purity. Jarrow is an Israeli company. They produce their formulas to the highest pharmaceutical purity. Only one complaint about this Milk Thisle; the amount of milligrams per capsule is low compared to other brands. In any event, I would recommend about 900 milligrams per day, thats 6 capsules per day. Remember there is no medically recorded toxicity for Milk Thistle, so you could go up to 2 grams a day (2000 milligrams).Milk thistle has an excellent ability to lower liver enzymes and is an anti-oxidant. Another Herb very close to Milk Thistle in it's properties is Picrorrhiza Kurroa. This is a Indian herb from the middle east. It also lowers liver enzymes and has no known toxicity in humans. Jarrow includes this herb in their liver formula's (Liver-PF). Other nutrients to consider when taking milk thistle are Alpha Lipoic Acid, Lecithin, CQ-10, and NAC. All these nutirents are anti-oxidants and help the liver in many different ways.

good quality product

Posted by Reviewer1989096 From Ohio on Jul 14, 2008

I am a big fan of Jarrow's products. They are consistent quality products. I take their milk thistle regularly to support my liver function and have seen the benefits in my blood work as a result.

Jarrow

Posted by Reviewer1044345 From California on Mar 06, 2008

Look in the London hospitals, Milk Thistle is used in the emergency room to support people's livers who've just returned from hunting mushrooms & ate the poisoned ones. It's a common treatment there that has been used effectively for years to my knowledge.