• Formerly known as Silymarin 80%.

• Reviews | English

It works!

Posted by Reviewer2710494 on Jul 13, 2010

After a few days of low energy, likely from detoxing, my energy began to pick up. Wonderful product

Milk Thistle for liver protection

Posted by NurseDonna on Apr 12, 2011

I have taken Milk Thistle for years and feel that it does help protect my liver from the medications I have to take as well as the occasional cervezas. Our liver is our body's powerhouse so it needs to be helped along with anything safe & natural that we can use.

indeed this works.

Posted by Reviewer1116896 on Dec 22, 2011

only problem is mg. is way too small. I use 1200mg or more a day to see real results on HEP C. Wish someone finally woke up and made a real high dosage capsule in bulk bottles for the serious milk thistle user. you CANNOT overdose on this stuff.

It really works! for Liver and Kidney!

Posted by Reviewer1198976 on Feb 15, 2012

I am a diabetic and have been on statins for several years. After a number of years, the toll on my liver and kidneys was getting bad. I had elevated liver enzymes as well as protein spilling out of my kidneys. After reading oosts here, and researching published research on milk thistle, I decided to take it for both my liver as well as less substantiated reports that it is nephroprotective (good for kidneys). Well, after a few weeks, my liver enzymes are now perfectly normal. The biggest news, is that my urine test for protein fell from 315 to 22 after several months of taking milk thistle!!!! I am now just a couple of points above the normal level! All this, after taking milk thistle twice a day for about 8 months. I attribute my improvement to the milk thistle. It is fairly inexpensive, and worth a try. This is one supplement I am on for life. I expect to have normal urine protein levels in a few more months.

Excellent product

Posted by 4957138944421808352 on Jan 15, 2015

Having been suffering from ocasional liver pain caused by fatty liver disease, I found taking this product relieved me from the symptoms. Sometimes herbal supplements cause me digestive upset, but I had zero problems with Jarrow's formula. Overall a great product at a good price.

great

Posted by Reviewer2345336 on Aug 01, 2016

i like this product very much. good value

Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer1787001 on Jun 21, 2010

The formula is adequate, but milk thistle is naturally a dark color seed and when ground it is also and these have been processed; inside is a whitish powder.

still not sure.

Posted by Reviewer1457999 on Oct 29, 2008

come to appreciate and trust Jarrow. Wish Iheb would have a physosome Milk Thistle formula. Would sure buy from them again. The Phytosome process enhances absorption. Hope Iherb considers this.Love Iherb services and have only rave reviews.DHL to Canada almost can't be beat.Keep up the great service Iherb. Always a pleasure ordering from yu.

makes me tired

Posted by Reviewer2421016 on Aug 29, 2014

I feel so sleepy and tired after taking this.

Didn't work well for me.

Posted by Reviewer2978176 on Jun 26, 2011

This supplement caused irritation with my rectum. Not sure if it is the size of the dosage or something else in this supplement. I wish someone made a lower dose but it appears everything on the market is a mega-dose.