• Formerly known as Silymarin 80%.

• Customer Ratings

Milk Thistle for liver protection

Posted by NurseDonna on Apr 12, 2011

I have taken Milk Thistle for years and feel that it does help protect my liver from the medications I have to take as well as the occasional cervezas. Our liver is our body's powerhouse so it needs to be helped along with anything safe & natural that we can use.

Milk Thistle

Posted by Reviewer1787001 on Jun 21, 2010

The formula is adequate, but milk thistle is naturally a dark color seed and when ground it is also and these have been processed; inside is a whitish powder.

still not sure.

Posted by Reviewer1457999 on Oct 29, 2008

come to appreciate and trust Jarrow. Wish Iheb would have a physosome Milk Thistle formula. Would sure buy from them again. The Phytosome process enhances absorption. Hope Iherb considers this.Love Iherb services and have only rave reviews.DHL to Canada almost can't be beat.Keep up the great service Iherb. Always a pleasure ordering from yu.

Didn't work well for me.

Posted by Reviewer2978176 on Jun 26, 2011

This supplement caused irritation with my rectum. Not sure if it is the size of the dosage or something else in this supplement. I wish someone made a lower dose but it appears everything on the market is a mega-dose.

Love Jarrow

Posted by Reviewer2517781 on Aug 11, 2008

Jarrow formulas are all very good. This is excellent for liver care.

Good, not great

Posted by Reviewer2669743 on Nov 02, 2007

This is an alright product, but I noticed alot more difference with the Natural Factor's Milk thistle phytosome

Milk thistle

Posted by Reviewer1813907 on Dec 28, 2009

I have had liver problems in the past and this product helps me keep my liver healthy. They have been using this product in Europe and China for hundreds of years and it is recommened by the E Commision in Germany, which is kind of like our FDA. If you drink at all, I would definetely take it. It will help your liver stay well.

Save your liver

Posted by Reviewer1516192 on Jan 01, 2010

Our liver works hard all day, processing just about everything we take in. Give your liver the nurishment it needs. I like the Jarrow brand the best. Plus the price is great too.

good price

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Jan 15, 2010

lots of them with a decent dosage and a good price and they definetly work, the science is there behind this.

cleansing and strengthening liver

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Oct 31, 2009

I am chemically sensitive and keep this on hand to help me maintain good health. Jarrow is a very reputable company and I can trust the purity of their products.