Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, N-A-C Sustain, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, 600 mg, 100 Tablets

Great for detoxing

Posted by Reviewer2080452 on Feb 07, 2008

I think this is the best form of NAC on the market. NAC is the precursor to reduced glutathione. This helps the body detox many different substances. I'm chemically sensitive and have elevated copper levels, and this has helped with both conditions.

Jarrow Formulas, NAC, 600 mg, 100 Tablets

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Oct 27, 2010

Clinical research has proven that L-cysteine is safer to take on a daily basis than sustained-release NAC; this powerful antioxidant should be cycled and should not be taken continuously. Please note that NAC is an altered version of L-cysteine and thus has the potential for more side effects. Please use NAC with caution and tell your physician you take this product.

Makes aging a little easier

Posted by Reviewer2457952 on Aug 27, 2009

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

Liver health and sinus health, too

Posted by Reviewer1277418 on Aug 29, 2010

I've had "liver problems" my whole life -- every time a doc wants to start me on a new drug, we test my liver. I've been taking NAC Sustain for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. My doc actually said "wow." Go figure. Also, not sure about the mechanics of this, but suffer from Sinus pain and have to stay on top of it -- until I started NAC Sustain -- I can always tell when we run out -- sinus pain returns. As long as I stay on this formula, no Sinus problems. Amazing. I usually take 2-3 at night before bed, and then another 1-2 tabs in the morning before food. This stuff is amazing.

Physician Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1971662 on Sep 26, 2010

My physican recommended both this product and the Jarrows Alpha Lipoic Sustain to me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilized. I have been able to lose weight taking both these products together, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs.