Makes aging a little easier

Posted by Reviewer2457952 on Aug 27, 2009

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

Physician Recommended

Posted by Reviewer1971662 on Sep 26, 2010

My physican recommended both this product and the Jarrows Alpha Lipoic Sustain to me. The "sustain" better regulates my metabolism and keeps my blood sugar stabilized. I have been able to lose weight taking both these products together, and I no longer have those vexing late afternoon hunger pangs.

Jarrow NAC

Posted by Reviewer1211097 on Nov 29, 2009

My doctor prescribed a theraputic dose of NAC to aid with a lung condition. It always gave me a headache, until I began using NAC by Jarrow. With their sustained release product, I no longer get the headaches.

Liver Tonic and More

Posted by RubiesHealth on Oct 08, 2012

The body makes glutathione from NAC. The former is an antioxidant that supports the liver in immunity and detoxification functions. It also serves many other functions including promoting eye and mucus membrane health. The sinuses and lungs are lined with mucus membrane. I first used NAC for lung support in road-running sport because of traffic pollution. Within a few days of use, I noticed thinner and healthier mucus production and months after, improved resistance against prevailing flu and haze-induced coughs. It provides the same consistent benefit for all whom I recommend this product to. We take only 1 tablet on empty stomach daily.

Unnecessary

Posted by Reviewer1569445 on Mar 23, 2009

After purchasing this product and doing more research, I discovered that there really is no reason to take n-a-c in a sustained form, and that a sustained release is perfectly achievable by administration with food.

N-A-C Sustain 600 mg 100 Bilayer Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2868174 on Oct 11, 2011

I am an ex-smoker and lung cancer survivor - added to that I used to drink a lot years and years ago - That being said, my lungs have taken a beating and I have been diagnosed with emphysema. My liver function test reflect normal function, however, I have no doubt some damage resides there as well. Throw on top of that bad sinuses - summer time is awful for me between sinusitis, pollen and 1/3 of a lung missing - My breathing function gets very very difficult around summer time when it gets hot - high humidity is also a problem - Since I have been taking this product I have noticed a huge difference - my breathing is so much better - if that promise is true, I'll bet my liver is getting good benefit from this stuff - I highly recommend it! And as always, a shout out to iHerb for excellent prices, service and delivery - I recommend them to everyone as well - I'm a very happy customer.

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1489795 on Feb 23, 2011

We got this for a gentle detox because my daughter's health is too poor to do an aggressive detox. She is handling this just fine and she is gaining lots of energy. Just slightly hard on her tummy, but tolerable, even for her weak system.

great product however limit period you take it

Posted by Reviewer1523405 on Nov 07, 2011

these are great. feeling more alive and switched on. seems to have improved my memory as well. am 48 yrs old so this has seemd to make a huge difference. am told only to take it every three months so am on alst bottle now. Will have a break and see what results.research says once your own glutathionine kicks in (protein producing in cells) you dont need this as muchg. I take x2 per day am/pm and will reduce to x1 in final month monitor results.

Won't go a day without it.

Posted by Reviewer3301259 on Feb 27, 2013

I have breast cancer which has spread to my sternum in November 2012 and I can feel it munching away around my ribs. At the beginning of February I developed what I can only describe as the world's worst stitch. NOTHING would take the pain away I thought my sterum pain was bad, this was miles worse. I'd ordered the NAC to compliment the no to slash/burn/science Sutherlandia OPC regimen I planned to start. Within days of taking the NAC the pain was so much better. I started taking the NAC 2 capsules 3 times a day on 15th February by the 17th February I was no longer in pain. I'd seen my chest doctor on 12th February and the letter he sent to my GP (General Practitioner) states my liver is enlarged, well it doesn't feel like that anymore. The only thing about NAC is that your urine is a very stong yellow colour which is a sympton of liver disease but my eyes are bright, white and alert. I take 2 capsules with a plant cell vitamin C capsule with water, juice or 2 fluid ounces of noni juice 3 times a day. It has my life liveable again. I try to take one of the doses before I go to sleep by 2230 each night as the liver like the rest of our body regenerates overnight.

Energizes me but also makes me feel bad

Posted by danarm on Sep 15, 2013

Strange supplement... it is both energizing and tiring to me.