The best NAC SUPPLEMENT, and one of the best free-radical fighters,

Posted by Reviewer1571710 on Mar 19, 2011

The time-release function of this supplement really hits on target for creating a superior formula. MAke sure you take this if you care at all about oxidation in your body. Many antioxidants are very useful, and target different free-radicals, in different parts of the body. However nothing, even arguably ALA, can come close to the effects of NAC! Nac's action on the human system is global, and it has hundreds of receptors for free-radicals once converted to GLutathione. Other anti-oxidants don't approach this! Take with Alpha-lipoic acid to help recycle protection further. I would also says Ascorbyl Palmitate is a good idea! My usually pale skin was visibly pink again within days to to the positive action of NAC. It does wonders for the skin and hair.

Jarrow NAC

Posted by Reviewer1211097 on Nov 29, 2009

My doctor prescribed a theraputic dose of NAC to aid with a lung condition. It always gave me a headache, until I began using NAC by Jarrow. With their sustained release product, I no longer get the headaches.

extrememly beneficial

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 13, 2012

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world

Unnecessary

Posted by Reviewer1569445 on Mar 23, 2009

After purchasing this product and doing more research, I discovered that there really is no reason to take n-a-c in a sustained form, and that a sustained release is perfectly achievable by administration with food.

Liver Tonic and More

Posted by RubiesHealth on Oct 08, 2012

The body makes glutathione from NAC. The former is an antioxidant that supports the liver in immunity and detoxification functions. It also serves many other functions including promoting eye and mucus membrane health. The sinuses and lungs are lined with mucus membrane. I first used NAC for lung support in road-running sport because of traffic pollution. Within a few days of use, I noticed thinner and healthier mucus production and months after, improved resistance against prevailing flu and haze-induced coughs. It provides the same consistent benefit for all whom I recommend this product to. We take only 1 tablet on empty stomach daily.

N-A-C Sustain 600 mg 100 Bilayer Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2868174 on Oct 11, 2011

I am an ex-smoker and lung cancer survivor - added to that I used to drink a lot years and years ago - That being said, my lungs have taken a beating and I have been diagnosed with emphysema. My liver function test reflect normal function, however, I have no doubt some damage resides there as well. Throw on top of that bad sinuses - summer time is awful for me between sinusitis, pollen and 1/3 of a lung missing - My breathing function gets very very difficult around summer time when it gets hot - high humidity is also a problem - Since I have been taking this product I have noticed a huge difference - my breathing is so much better - if that promise is true, I'll bet my liver is getting good benefit from this stuff - I highly recommend it! And as always, a shout out to iHerb for excellent prices, service and delivery - I recommend them to everyone as well - I'm a very happy customer.

Very effective supplement for increasing glutathione

Posted by Reviewer2940089 on Feb 19, 2008

If you follow the directions and take these NAC pills away from food (along with SAMe) and the appropriate synergistic vitamins with food, it really really works.

Susan

Posted by Reviewer2840281 on Jun 03, 2008

I have pulmonary fibrosis, my doctor told me to use NAC, he also said that I could get it at a reasonable price from this site. He was right, not only does this product help my breathing, it doesn't cost a lot. Thank you so much for keeping your prices down & carring products that are worth while.

Immune Booster, Decongestant, Liver Protection

Posted by Reviewer1485718 on Jan 23, 2007

This is a seriously powerful product. NAC is used for bronchitis, sinusitis, otitis media (middle ear infection), pneumonia and lung problems, and to protect the liver against Tylenol/acetaminophen poisoning and alcohol. The time release aspect of this product is important. Only use an NAC product which is time released because otherwise it metabolizes through the liver and out of the body in 1.5 hours. This product is well tolerated, does not cause headache or stomach upset. For acute problems, viruses, colds, flu or congestion, use 3 or 4 tablets, every 4 hours. You can feel congestion clearing in under 1 hour. This should also be used by people with HIV and cancer. I have seen this product work well many times. I always keep a spare bottle in my arsenal. If Bird Flu comes, I'm ready.

NAC Sustain

Posted by Reviewer1260279 on Oct 30, 2007

Great product to help the liver function.