LH from IL

Posted by Reviewer2080298 on Jun 27, 2011

This product really works great! I have an immune system deficiency and I get lots of colds and flus, and this NAC has cut down on my sick time.

Great product for lungs

Posted by Reviewer1275243 on Sep 26, 2011

The Nurse Practitioner at my pulmonolgist's office recommended this for bronchiectasis, and it has helped a great deal.

Have on hand for hangovers and if you take lots of Tylenol

Posted by 5154877746534078903 on Jan 04, 2016

Fantastic product. On the rare occasion I drink alcohol, this has helped to prevent or treat hangovers. The best strategy is to take N-A-C before you drink, though. I have also taken this after consuming tylenol for a few days. It seems to help detox the liver faster so side effects from tylenol, alcohol, etc are much less severe.

Street Sweeper For The Body

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Sep 11, 2016

I've been taking N-A-C on and off for more than three years, and it's helped a great deal with alleviating sinus congestion. After having tried a few different brands N-A-C supplements, I've settled on Jarrow Formulas sustained release version. The pill is 1/3 quick release and 2/3 sustained release. This does two things: First, it provides the body with more consistent, sustained levels of L-cysteine through the day and night. Second, it doesn't unsettle my stomach like the other quick release N-A-C tablets I have used. Ideally, the pill should be taken in between meals. I take one pill about an hour after breakfast and another pill before bed. The extra boost of Glutathione provided by N-A-C has a noticeable effect on reducing my sinus congestion during cold and allergy season. It's apparent within a few days of beginning the supplement that I can breathe easier and have less difficulty with my allergies -- especially dust. For example, within a week of using N-A-C I was able to discontinue my nightly use of nasal strips for congestion relief. I also notice a difference when I'm jogging or playing soccer. I seem to be able to pull more air deeper into my lungs, improving my stamina. . . . Click YES if this review was beneficial for you.

Helped with Candida detox when nothing else did

Posted by Reviewer1660870 on Jul 26, 2010

After 4 months on Erica White's Candida program (a well-regarded diet and supplement program designed to starve to death Candida in the body) I was sick and toxic to the point where I could hardly work. In all my years of health probems this feeling of toxicity (and accompanying physical weakness) was something I hadn't experienced before. This supplement reduced the debilitating nature of the experience quite a bit. I still don't feel great, but am much better than I was and am able to persist with the Candida program. NOW Foods Silymarin complex - another recommended supplement for managing detox symptoms by strengthening the liver - didn't work for me.

Great Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2041172 on Mar 15, 2008

Read that NAC was good for kicking addictions and keeping serotonin high- I think it is working on my carb cravings!

Polyacrylate in NAC Sustain

Posted by Reviewer3177707 on Nov 02, 2010

I used to buy NAC Sustain, as i was'nt aware that it had this dangerous toxin. I will now Never buy NAC from Jarrow formulas.

Great NAC

Posted by Jasmine44 on Jun 05, 2010

I haven't had any health issues since taking Jarrow N-A-C Sustain. No annual allergy/sinus problems, no Spring colds, & no upset stomach or headaches! I like the time release feature, as NAC breaks down quickly..this lasts throughout the day.

Helped my leg fatigue

Posted by Reviewer1270177 on Nov 02, 2010

I have been suffering from my leg fatigue for more than a year. Every time I go upstairs, my legs get so tired that I feel I cannot take another step. After only two days of taking NAC (two a day), my leg fatigue showed a remarkable improvement by about 80%! Now it's been 3 weeks since I started taking NAC and my legs and back feel much better.

A huge help

Posted by Reviewer3348407 on Apr 27, 2008

I recommend Jarrow Formulas, N-A-C Sustain to anyone with GI troubles. It has become a significant part of my treatment for food sensativity issues due to Salicylate allergies. This product is the only NAC sustain I have found. The sustain is necessary because NAC breaks down in the system very quickly becoming useless and can plug up the works.