N-Acetyl Tyrosine over L-Tyrosine

Posted by Reviewer1324540 on May 18, 2008

This type of Tyrosine is ideal for anyone wanting optimal benefit. The N-Acetyl Tyrosine is soluble in water unlike the L-Tyrosine. Also the dosing is much smaller considering the absorption is greater. I liked that Jarrow put Vitamin B6 in it because that vitamin is needed for Tyrosine's conversion to certain neurotransmitters. I recommend this whether you take it in capsule form or open up the capsules and take it as a powder. Any N-Acetyl Tyrosine is worth the extra cost compared to the L-Tyrosine in my opinion.

precursor for dopamine and thyroid hormone

Posted by Reviewer1888613 on Jan 03, 2010

Dopamine is responsible for the feeling of well-being and prevention of depression. As there are no drugs available to boost this neurotransitor for non-Parkinson's patients, tyrosine is the only substance available to take to boost these levels. (and the n-acetyl form has shown to be most effective). Most commonly depression is related to a serotonin deficiency, but the second most common neurotransmitter assisting depression is dopamine. If 5HTP doesn't help (to raise serotonin levels) then the logic next step is to try tyrosine. It's best taken on an empty stomach. It's good to boost thyroid hormone in patients with hypothyroid as well.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1376893 on Aug 15, 2010

Shortly after taking it feel slightly more motivated and interested in life in general.

Works perfectly

Posted by Reviewer1556927 on Nov 23, 2009

This version of Tyrosine works much better than regular Tyrosine I've tried. I highly recommend this product.

Helps with Brain Fog

Posted by Reviewer1003688 on May 26, 2010

Not sure if it's the T4 thyroid boosting or the Dopamine/NE boosting or some other third thing. This has helped my brain fog and works almost immediately.

Strong Tyrosine

Posted by Reviewer2982127 on May 16, 2008

These tablets are a fast and strong acting form of Tyrosine. Tyrosine has been tests in areas of schtozophrenia and found to be completly safe. I use it to combat my side effects from Aripiprizole with a small dose of 5 HTP it lets me feel more active for sports and life.

More Powerful than Regular Tyrosine, Sometimes Too Much

Posted by wholefoods on Aug 15, 2012

I purchased this product after having used Jarrow Formulas regular L-Tyrosine. I noticed a significant difference when using this product compared to the original. This product produces a much stronger effect and it sometimes felt a bit unpleasant, like I was a bit wired. I will probably use the rest of this bottle and switch back to the regular L-Tyrosine in the future.

350mg of... Nothing

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Oct 25, 2013

I definitely notice when I take the L form, even on it's own - when I took this, nothing. Tried again (at different times) - more nothings. I notice some of the good reviews mention it's taken along with other things - perhaps that's the secret. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Excellent

Posted by 5044777402781116801 on Aug 02, 2015

I have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism and this product has changed my life. i have been taking it for a year and a half. i no longer have brain fog, exhaustion, hair falling out, weight gain (i have actually lost), dry skin, freezing in the winter, feeling sick in the summer from heat. all my symptoms are 95% better. this is the product to get for these symptoms.

Potent, works well!

Posted by Reviewer2849306 on Dec 23, 2008

These will really wake you up! I actually get some palpitations if i take too much as it's strong. The N-Acetyl form of Tyrosine is so much more bioavailable, and is alot stronger than normal L-Tyrosine at a lower dose, therefore you don't need as much to feel the effects. It definitely helps focus and alertness through boosting norepinephrine and dopamine. Excellent product.