Jarrow Formulas, EPA-DHA Balance, 240 Softgels

great supplement

Posted by Reviewer2823101 on Nov 21, 2009

I have been taking this daily. I do get some fishy burps when I take it, but this doesn't last too long. I'm using to combat killer menstrual cramps..and so far so good. This is my first fish oil supplement so I really have no comparison to other brands.

JarrowEPA-DHA Omega-3

Posted by Reviewer2447217 on Oct 24, 2007

I have taken this product for several years, and have no complaints except, as with most fish oils, even when taken with meals, there is a period of "fishy" burps. I know that this is not due to the omega-3 oils, but rather due to the amines found in fish oils. So, I give this product a very good rating. My only real concern relates to the source; if imported, what care is taken to make certain that this product (and other products) is safe with no contaminants.

Has its ups and downs, mostly up!

Posted by Reviewer2928686 on Sep 15, 2010

The fish oils aren't entirely odorless, and you still get fishy burps due to lack of enteric coating. However, they smell a lot better than some of the other brands' fish oil products out there. All things considered, it's a good product. No-nonsense labelling and lots of product information (compared to brands like NOW), and fish oil sourced from small fish, and value for money, all make this product the best choice, in my opinion

Bit large softgel

Posted by Reviewer1361819 on Oct 16, 2010

Nice price but a bit too large softels

not odorless at all!

Posted by Reviewer1473868 on Sep 01, 2010

The EPA-DHA balance was what appealed me to this product. It was recommended on a website in the Netherlands. Since it is high in EPA and DHA it would take me a long way, one a day is enough. Opening the pot quite a strong fishy odour appears which the makers try to conceal with strawberry flavour/odour. After taking a capsule it gives me fishy strawberry burps. I'm not pleased with that. Odorless is definitelly not true.