Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 4-star

Good quality, BEWARE metallic label - don't microwave in the plastic container

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Aug 20, 2012

If stored at room temperature, it is soft enough to spoon it out as needed to measure. I have been making muffins with it and it works very well for that (and/or a bit too oily still when using 1/2 cup per 12 muffins, so will try next only 1/3 cup). However, then I refrigerated it, and when I went to get some it was then rock hard, so I put it in the microwave; and the label has some metal in it for the metallic look, so it melted the plastic container where the label was (not melted through, but warped). So I had to upend the container in a bowl and microwave some more to get all the oil out, and when all melted, transfer to another jar for storage. But even after all that, and storing this stuff at warm room temperature for who knows how long (I don't remember when I bought it), there is NO rancidity, no overt coconut flavor, and it's good. But I wish it came in a glass container with no metallic label, so it could be microwaved as needed and not worry about melting container or possible contaminants from the plastic getting into the oil.

Very good for longtime storage.

Posted by HildeK on Jun 18, 2012

This one lasts for ages! Realized I had one tub standing in the back of my refrigerator. Somehow it had gotten half used, and pushed to the back. For a year or so. It is NO change in taste, color, or general quality. 4 and no 5 cause it is in a plastic container and not in a glass container. But for the price, and weight, it is good. My uses for it is: - Cooking. - Baking. - On rice (reminds a bit of butter) - Skin and hair.

VERY neutral taste

Posted by myfurryfriends on Jun 11, 2012

I was actually a little disappointed that this does not really have any coconut flavor. Probably a GOOD thing if you don't like coconut. The last jar I bought (different brand) had a nice mild coconut taste, pleasant enough that I would eat a tbsp of it plain ... and enjoy it (like a spoonful of ice cream)! This brand doesn't taste good enough to do that. I'll go back to the other brand when this is gone.

No coconut taste at all-like it says

Posted by Reviewer3284958 on Sep 03, 2013

great for cooking, but I miss the hint of flavour of other products. Still great health and quality though!

Good unflavored coconut oil

Posted by AdelinaBeautyInCyprus on Feb 28, 2014

I use this coconut oil for cooking and I love it. Is ideal for dishes that don't need a coconut flavor (although I love the flavored version) - - - - If you think my review convinced you to buy or not this product I would kindly like to ask you to read more of my reviews on my page :)