July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 2-star

better than extra virgin

Posted by Reviewer1940056 on Jan 14, 2010

I've had some positive changes taking coconut oil, but the extra virgin has an overwhelming taste and seems to go rancid pretty fast. This taste is ok, but it is a slightly brownish color that makes me wonder if it's really healthy. I probably won't buy it again.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2001205 on Nov 11, 2010

I usually buy the Garden of Life virgin coconut oil, but I wanted to save a little money and use this more as a moisturizer. Unfortunately that is all I will be using it for. The taste is completely different from the other oil we had, this had a weird (almost rancid) aftertaste. Next time I will definitely buy the other one for injesting. Live & learn...

No coconut flavour

Posted by Reviewer2225317 on Jan 03, 2012

The absence of taste and flavour should be more highlighted. I prefer the rich flavour one but didnt notice there was a no taste/flavour one and bought the other.

Not so sure

Posted by Reviewer2813563 on Feb 09, 2011

This oil is good to cook with as has no taste but I'm suspicious about it being made from copra, being expeller pressed as this involves high heat and the fact it has to be refrigerated after opening. There are negative comments to all the above points on trustworthy coconut oil sites when I looked close enough so i'm suspicious about any supposed health benefits.

surprised

Posted by Reviewer3097046 on Jun 30, 2011

I was surprised that the oil was not liquid. I asked the coworker who recommended I take this. He stated it should not be a solid but rather a liquid. I have continued to use it but find it very bothersome to have to melt it to use ( I take 2 tablespoons a day). I will change brands next time I order.