• Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Great inexpensive oil for cooking

Posted by Reviewer1564083 on Apr 12, 2009

I buy another brand of extra virgin coconut oil to use for supplement and cooking purposes, and I got hooked on the great cooking properties of coconut oil. However, the extra virgin has a strong coconut taste that you do not always want in your food. This oil is also fantastic for cooking and as a butter substitute, for half the price and without the coconut taste. I will continue to buy both, I think each has their purpose.

Good Stuff!

Posted by MikeMember on May 11, 2007

Excellent all around oil. Great for frying and makes delicious popcorn, without adding any coconut flavor to the food.

No coconutty taste!

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Mar 31, 2009

I love coconut, but not in everything - and this is totally tasteless. The texture is not as soft and buttery as the virgin oil so it becomes quite hard when refrigerated. Note that this is produced from the copra, or dried coconut, rather than from the fresh. It actually sautes better, less frothy than the fresh oil.

Nice for cooking

Posted by Reviewer2903784 on Nov 18, 2009

This is a good coconut oil for cooking foods where you don't want a coconut flavour. Of course, low flavour means less of the factors that make coconut oil a great food. it's still a good cooking fat though, as it doesn't oxidise, even at high temperatures or after long storage time.

Fabulous!

Posted by Reviewer1214804 on Sep 10, 2009

Not only do I cook with this, but I eat it straight from the jar, too! I keep two jars in the fridge--I chop them both up into chunks with a knife so it's easy to use a piece for cooking and eating. I'm not crazy about the waxy consistency but I find that if I fill my mouth with ice cold water, it keeps the coconut oil from getting too oily and I'm able to swallow it fairly quickly, before I get too grossed out! I also found that the more I eat, the more I crave it (I eat a tablespoon or two sized chunk each evening before bed). I feel a huge difference physically when I have the oil on a regular basis--I actually feel better and thinner in my tummy and not as bloated (which is a problem I've been having lately).

Taste is Mild

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Dec 06, 2009

I like this because it is expeller pressed and mild tasting, versus extra-virgin. I used it for cooking and also give my dog coconut oil 15-minute massages prior to bathing for her seriously dry skin condition (veterinary recommended). I give Jarrow a thumbs-up.

Good for health

Posted by 5467384523726906899 on Jun 18, 2012

No smell for those not used to coconut oil and also good for the health too.Great to fry with.

fantastic product!

Posted by Reviewer123456 on Jun 22, 2011

This coconut oil is amazing to cook with. It is completely free of the flavor of coconut for those of you who don't want a coconut taste to your food.

Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2444143 on Jun 11, 2008

I loved this oil. I use it to cook with and also as a lotion for dry skin, it works beautifully.

Nutritious in & out

Posted by Reviewer2957245 on Feb 12, 2010

Not just healthy for cooking but great topically for the skin.