• Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Jarrow Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2984676 on Feb 16, 2009

I was pleased with how quickly this was delivered, and was pleased with the price. It truly doesn't taste anything like coconut (unlike any other coconut oil I've ever purchased) which I take with mixed feelings. I actually kinda like the coconutty taste of some oils, although this one is much more appropriate when you don't want that taste filling your food.

No coconut taste at all-like it says

Posted by Reviewer3284958 on Sep 03, 2013

great for cooking, but I miss the hint of flavour of other products. Still great health and quality though!

VERY neutral taste

Posted by myfurryfriends on Jun 11, 2012

I was actually a little disappointed that this does not really have any coconut flavor. Probably a GOOD thing if you don't like coconut. The last jar I bought (different brand) had a nice mild coconut taste, pleasant enough that I would eat a tbsp of it plain ... and enjoy it (like a spoonful of ice cream)! This brand doesn't taste good enough to do that. I'll go back to the other brand when this is gone.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer2719843 on Mar 16, 2012

nice product, use it for cooking and making chocolate

coconut taste

Posted by Reviewer3166039 on Nov 02, 2008

I bought this non-virgin oil to have a taste-free oil for cooking. It still tastes like coconut, though the taste is nice and much milder than virgin, which I also use when I want that flavor. I am able to use this but i will try a different brand refined next time.

Package Way to Hard to Open

Posted by 4778054463829356459 on Oct 27, 2015

Give us oldsters a break! Took scissors, a box cutter and a small screwdriver to eventual get the jar open. Surely and easier so called zip open seal can be devised.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2001205 on Nov 11, 2010

I usually buy the Garden of Life virgin coconut oil, but I wanted to save a little money and use this more as a moisturizer. Unfortunately that is all I will be using it for. The taste is completely different from the other oil we had, this had a weird (almost rancid) aftertaste. Next time I will definitely buy the other one for injesting. Live & learn...

better than extra virgin

Posted by Reviewer1940056 on Jan 14, 2010

I've had some positive changes taking coconut oil, but the extra virgin has an overwhelming taste and seems to go rancid pretty fast. This taste is ok, but it is a slightly brownish color that makes me wonder if it's really healthy. I probably won't buy it again.

No coconut flavour

Posted by Reviewer2225317 on Jan 03, 2012

The absence of taste and flavour should be more highlighted. I prefer the rich flavour one but didnt notice there was a no taste/flavour one and bought the other.

Blah

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Jan 21, 2013

Just didn't like the taste of this. Didn't stink of smoke, as others have complained. But it just tasted bland, I guess. Stale too, I think. Bland/stale-tasting fat, yuck! So rather than throw it, out I've used it as a moisturiser. But for eating I like Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (NUT-20005). It has a lovely light fresh coconut fragrance that's perfect for cooking and making smoothies.