• Plastic container

• Reviews | English

Blah

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Jan 21, 2013

Just didn't like the taste of this. Didn't stink of smoke, as others have complained. But it just tasted bland, I guess. Stale too, I think. Bland/stale-tasting fat, yuck! So rather than throw it, out I've used it as a moisturiser. But for eating I like Nutiva, Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (NUT-20005). It has a lovely light fresh coconut fragrance that's perfect for cooking and making smoothies.

bad oil

Posted by iren21vek on Mar 09, 2011

I don't like this oil, it is very badly absorbed, from its smell me stirs up, it seems to me in it there is no advantage. I will not buy it any more

Terrible ---BURNT SMELL!!!

Posted by Reviewer1103080 on Jul 20, 2010

I don't know if I just got a bad batch but this stuff smelled burnt! It stunk so bad that with one sniff I literally got a headache that lasted for hours. I ordered four jars of it and had to throw it all away. Be warned!

Use in hair...smells terrible!

Posted by Reviewer1304877 on Jun 15, 2010

I normally buy Jarrow Extra Virgin Coconut oil, to moisturize my hair with, but since this product was cheaper I decided to try it. It smelled TERRIBLE!! Like an ash tray! I don't know if the smell is due to it being pressed or what but I didn't even attempt to use it! Now I have 16 oz of liquid cigarette fragrance!

oder & taste

Posted by Reviewer2090325 on Nov 12, 2008

this is the first time in a year of using Coconut Oil, that I've had the experience of a very strong oder and taste of coconut. too strong for my sensitive taste buds.

Absolutely Awful :(

Posted by 5679906617628716527 on Nov 13, 2015

No coconut taste nor smelling, terrible terrible smell. I bought 2 because of the price, but I have strongly regret this purchase.

VERY neutral taste

Posted by myfurryfriends on Jun 11, 2012

I was actually a little disappointed that this does not really have any coconut flavor. Probably a GOOD thing if you don't like coconut. The last jar I bought (different brand) had a nice mild coconut taste, pleasant enough that I would eat a tbsp of it plain ... and enjoy it (like a spoonful of ice cream)! This brand doesn't taste good enough to do that. I'll go back to the other brand when this is gone.

Excellent oil for cooking!

Posted by herbalicious on Apr 15, 2012

I prefer this coconut oil over the virgin for regular cooking. It has a mild flavor and is an excellent substitute for vegetable oils in stir fries.

Very satisfied

Posted by Reviewer3219834 on Apr 17, 2012

I use this oil for cooking, and also some baking where I don't want coconut-flavour. Very satisfied and will reorder.

i love it for my hair

Posted by Reviewer3154915 on Jun 26, 2012

I ordered this oil because I have a very cranky and degraded ... read about it just good reviews I decided to try it and frankly I was pleasantly surprise to see that my hair really came back to life and easy easy looks visibly more healthy and more beautiful, I'm glad I discovered something really good naturalnow I take 2 box, thanks for the wonderful products