• Plastic container

• Reviews | English

Good quality, BEWARE metallic label - don't microwave in the plastic container

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Aug 20, 2012

If stored at room temperature, it is soft enough to spoon it out as needed to measure. I have been making muffins with it and it works very well for that (and/or a bit too oily still when using 1/2 cup per 12 muffins, so will try next only 1/3 cup). However, then I refrigerated it, and when I went to get some it was then rock hard, so I put it in the microwave; and the label has some metal in it for the metallic look, so it melted the plastic container where the label was (not melted through, but warped). So I had to upend the container in a bowl and microwave some more to get all the oil out, and when all melted, transfer to another jar for storage. But even after all that, and storing this stuff at warm room temperature for who knows how long (I don't remember when I bought it), there is NO rancidity, no overt coconut flavor, and it's good. But I wish it came in a glass container with no metallic label, so it could be microwaved as needed and not worry about melting container or possible contaminants from the plastic getting into the oil.

Very good for longtime storage.

Posted by HildeK on Jun 18, 2012

This one lasts for ages! Realized I had one tub standing in the back of my refrigerator. Somehow it had gotten half used, and pushed to the back. For a year or so. It is NO change in taste, color, or general quality. 4 and no 5 cause it is in a plastic container and not in a glass container. But for the price, and weight, it is good. My uses for it is: - Cooking. - Baking. - On rice (reminds a bit of butter) - Skin and hair.

Good quality but unfortunately bad smell

Posted by Misspolina on May 29, 2016

I used this oil for my hair and as a body lotion It dryers fast leaves my skin and hair feeling soft and moisten , but unfortunately has this unpleasant smell of an old sunflower oil :( Next time will go for extra vergin

No coconut taste at all-like it says

Posted by Reviewer3284958 on Sep 03, 2013

great for cooking, but I miss the hint of flavour of other products. Still great health and quality though!

Good unflavored coconut oil

Posted by AdelinaRadu on Feb 28, 2014

I use this coconut oil for cooking and I love it. Is ideal for dishes that don't need a coconut flavor (although I love the flavored version) - - - - If you think my review convinced you to buy or not this product I would kindly like to ask you to read more of my reviews on my page :)

Jarrow Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2984676 on Feb 16, 2009

I was pleased with how quickly this was delivered, and was pleased with the price. It truly doesn't taste anything like coconut (unlike any other coconut oil I've ever purchased) which I take with mixed feelings. I actually kinda like the coconutty taste of some oils, although this one is much more appropriate when you don't want that taste filling your food.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer2719843 on Mar 16, 2012

nice product, use it for cooking and making chocolate

Good cooking oil, no coconut smell

Posted by Reviewer1588071 on Sep 23, 2009

I have smelled other coconut oils that really smell like coconut (which I personally like), but my boyfriend doesn't so he likes this one better. It's a good oil, I didn't give it 5 stars because of the lack of coconut goodness.

VERY neutral taste

Posted by myfurryfriends on Jun 11, 2012

I was actually a little disappointed that this does not really have any coconut flavor. Probably a GOOD thing if you don't like coconut. The last jar I bought (different brand) had a nice mild coconut taste, pleasant enough that I would eat a tbsp of it plain ... and enjoy it (like a spoonful of ice cream)! This brand doesn't taste good enough to do that. I'll go back to the other brand when this is gone.

great cooking oil