• Plastic container

• Customer Ratings

Mold....so disappointed in this product

Posted by Reviewer2372857 on Sep 05, 2012

I've been using coconut oil in all my cooking for some time. I normally buy it at the local health store but I recently moved abroad so now rely on iherb for these things. Shipping was very fast I must say, but this product was a huge disappointment. When I opened the seal I could see hundreds of small white/yellow spores at the bottom of the tub. These are not bit of coconut, they were spherical shaped and did not liquify like the rest of the oil. I will have to throw the whole tub out as I do not want to ingest toxins and mold. I will be ordering Nutiva coconut oil from now on.

Good quality, BEWARE metallic label - don't microwave in the plastic container

Posted by Reviewer2994189 on Aug 20, 2012

If stored at room temperature, it is soft enough to spoon it out as needed to measure. I have been making muffins with it and it works very well for that (and/or a bit too oily still when using 1/2 cup per 12 muffins, so will try next only 1/3 cup). However, then I refrigerated it, and when I went to get some it was then rock hard, so I put it in the microwave; and the label has some metal in it for the metallic look, so it melted the plastic container where the label was (not melted through, but warped). So I had to upend the container in a bowl and microwave some more to get all the oil out, and when all melted, transfer to another jar for storage. But even after all that, and storing this stuff at warm room temperature for who knows how long (I don't remember when I bought it), there is NO rancidity, no overt coconut flavor, and it's good. But I wish it came in a glass container with no metallic label, so it could be microwaved as needed and not worry about melting container or possible contaminants from the plastic getting into the oil.

Coconut

Posted by willowman on Aug 13, 2012

I use coconut oil daily i eat it and use to my skin. This is product what use because it good quality and great prize

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1148514 on Jul 30, 2012

Excellent option for other cooking oils!

great!

Posted by Reviewer3184754 on Jul 27, 2012

I love this :)

Excellent product

Posted by Suziesue on Jul 24, 2012

This oil had next to no flavour which means it can be used in a whole host of recipes. I keep it in the fridge so it will keep for longer. It does solidify, but it's easy enough to scoop out. I will buy this again.

Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer2697583 on Jul 18, 2012

It is a great oil. I use it in place of all other cooking oils.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2436167 on Jul 14, 2012

One of the best coconut oils on iherb.

great cooking oil

Posted by happydays on Jul 08, 2012

use this a lot.

Jarrow Coconut oil

Posted by 5612973796637342821 on Jul 06, 2012

I have been using this oil for years and I love it I have never been dissapointed.Great price great product great company,IHERB.