Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Good Stuff!

Posted by MikeMember on May 11, 2007

Excellent all around oil. Great for frying and makes delicious popcorn, without adding any coconut flavor to the food.

No coconutty taste!

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Mar 31, 2009

I love coconut, but not in everything - and this is totally tasteless. The texture is not as soft and buttery as the virgin oil so it becomes quite hard when refrigerated. Note that this is produced from the copra, or dried coconut, rather than from the fresh. It actually sautes better, less frothy than the fresh oil.

Nice for cooking

Posted by Reviewer2903784 on Nov 18, 2009

This is a good coconut oil for cooking foods where you don't want a coconut flavour. Of course, low flavour means less of the factors that make coconut oil a great food. it's still a good cooking fat though, as it doesn't oxidise, even at high temperatures or after long storage time.

Fabulous!

Posted by Reviewer1214804 on Sep 10, 2009

Not only do I cook with this, but I eat it straight from the jar, too! I keep two jars in the fridge--I chop them both up into chunks with a knife so it's easy to use a piece for cooking and eating. I'm not crazy about the waxy consistency but I find that if I fill my mouth with ice cold water, it keeps the coconut oil from getting too oily and I'm able to swallow it fairly quickly, before I get too grossed out! I also found that the more I eat, the more I crave it (I eat a tablespoon or two sized chunk each evening before bed). I feel a huge difference physically when I have the oil on a regular basis--I actually feel better and thinner in my tummy and not as bloated (which is a problem I've been having lately).

Taste is Mild

Posted by Reviewer1342706 on Dec 06, 2009

I like this because it is expeller pressed and mild tasting, versus extra-virgin. I used it for cooking and also give my dog coconut oil 15-minute massages prior to bathing for her seriously dry skin condition (veterinary recommended). I give Jarrow a thumbs-up.