Jarrow Formulas, Organic, Coconut Oil, 16 oz (454 g)

Mold....so disappointed in this product

Posted by Reviewer2372857 From Ireland on Sep 05, 2012

I've been using coconut oil in all my cooking for some time. I normally buy it at the local health store but I recently moved abroad so now rely on iherb for these things. Shipping was very fast I must say, but this product was a huge disappointment. When I opened the seal I could see hundreds of small white/yellow spores at the bottom of the tub. These are not bit of coconut, they were spherical shaped and did not liquify like the rest of the oil. I will have to throw the whole tub out as I do not want to ingest toxins and mold. I will be ordering Nutiva coconut oil from now on.

this smelt wrong

Posted by bbchris From Hong Kong on Oct 29, 2011

it tasted off too, will never buy again :(

Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer2444143 From Michigan on Jun 11, 2008

I loved this oil. I use it to cook with and also as a lotion for dry skin, it works beautifully.

Taste is Mild

Posted by Reviewer1342706 From Nevada on Dec 06, 2009

I like this because it is expeller pressed and mild tasting, versus extra-virgin. I used it for cooking and also give my dog coconut oil 15-minute massages prior to bathing for her seriously dry skin condition (veterinary recommended). I give Jarrow a thumbs-up.

Nice "price/performance"

Posted by Reviewer2994031 From Japan on Nov 01, 2009

It's too early to tell what benefit I'll receive healthwise from this product as I have just received it, but tastewise it's pretty good. There is still a slight residual coconut taste, I'd actually like a little more, but that's just my preference, and for $4.50, I'm not going to complain. Very well packaged and sealed product, which is a two thumbs up to Jarrows.