Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Jarrow Formulas, Organic Whey Protein, Unflavored, Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Poor quality inventory being stocked by iHerb

Posted by Reviewer1175193 on Sep 26, 2013

I'm torn in writing this review because I think this product is great but the version that iHerb is stocking has something wrong with it. I purchased a container that expires in 2016 from Whole Foods for a few dollars more. It taste is decent, it very granular, and it dissolves very quickly into water which is why I was so confused when I read another reviewers comments. Well, I ordered two containers from iHerb. They expire in 2015. To my dismay, this is a significantly different product than I previously purchased. The color is very white compared to the light yellow/off-white of my previous bottle. When placed in a plastic container it is very clumpy and it sticks to the sides and it doesn't dissolve very well. I'm very disappointed. I guess I'm back to buying this from a local store. :-(

Organic Protein Powder, Yay!

Posted by Aloha-Health on Apr 22, 2013

I choose this whey protein powder because it's organic, unsweetened, and rBST free. It's difficult to find a protein powder that's organic and unsweetened. I'm so happy I found this one. The taste blends well into smoothies. I even like it when simply mixed with water. I sometimes add it to a mixture of yogurt, blueberry and walnuts in the AM when I don't have time to get my protein from a food source. I also like to consume this product immediately after strong workouts to help maintain muscle and to keep my body burning fat instead. The unsweetened aspect helps with fat burning too after a workout. It has a total of 2 grams of sugar which is much much less compared to many other powders. A recent study showed the body gets an extra 2 hours of fat burn after strong exercise as long as sugar isn't consumed within that time period. Another plus is when it comes to protein, whey is one of the best sources for absorbability. It is way more bioavailable than vegetable protein sources. Before I found this organic powder, I used Solgar's Whey to Go protein powder. It's a great option (with less than 1 gram of sugar) if you don't want to pay the higher price for an organic product.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2062667 on Oct 05, 2011

Like this whey, mixes well, pretty tasteless since I add Greek yogurt, berries, and Ribose to it in a blender. I use one scoop, good for extra protein after workouts. No digestion problems (have IBS), no bloating etc. Like that it is organic and has no chemicals or sugar.

High quality whey!

Posted by Reviewer3329197 on Nov 10, 2011

The texture is great, taste is ok! Does not affect bloating/allergic reaction as normal non-organic whey does.

Nice product

Posted by Reviewer1954644 on Dec 01, 2011

I like using this in morning shakes, but I've also had it just mixed in water (it blends well). Mild taste and a pure product: I'd definitely purchase it again.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »