Derived from fish meal and may contain ethoxyquin.

Posted by Leione on Apr 29, 2014

Even though this product doesn't contain titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, animal derived stearic acid, ethyl cellulose, sodium alginate, ammonium hydroxide, or any other dangerous and harmful ingredients so common in similar products, it's derived from fish meal which may contain ethoxyquin. Fish meal is made from fish and the bones and offal from processed fish and can spontaneously combust. To prevent this from happening, ethoxyquin is often added to fish meal. Ethoxyquin is a known toxicant, allergen and possible carcinogen. Definitely not a product you would recommend.

Good deal for the price.

Posted by NBPT100 on Jun 27, 2013

This is a decent product as long as iherb is discounting it. It does have Astaxanthan which is a very powerful antioxidant. It is used in many eye formulas and is believed to be able to cross the blood brain barrier therefore providing good free radical clean up in the brain. Krill oil will also have some Astaxanthan in it as well. I prefer to use the Carlson's fish oil products as reviewed on my home page because you get more DHA and Carlson's goes to great lengths to make sure the oils are fresh and contaminant free. Carlson's does not have astaxanthan but I prefer to get the best overall fish oil for the omega 3 content and get my anti-oxidants elsewhere. Keep your fish oils refrigerated or in a cool location to prevent them from going rancid. If you liked this value added review kindly visit my home page by clicking on my handle name above and read my other reviews. Peace and good health.

Too greasy

Posted by Ingrid75 on Jun 24, 2013

I believe Jarrow Formulas is a good and solid company. This review is entirely my own opinion, but I found the softgels too greasy to handle. Didn't like that. Now I'm taking the softgels from MadreLabs.