Jarrow Formulas, TMG Crystals, 50 g

Great price!

Posted by Reviewer1654444 on Nov 24, 2009

I'm happy with my TMG. I'm using it for depression and it has definitely improved my mood and mental clarity--the effects for me were immediate. It makes sleeping more difficult--so I take literally the smallest amount you can imagine--just a pinch. I tried SAM-e in the past and didn't like the enteric coating--seems like this has the same effect and I like it much better because it's about a tenth of the price, there's no enteric coating, and I can tailor my dose to my needs.

Gives a real pick up

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Oct 08, 2008

This does give me a pick up and with fibro I need that. I take a 1/4 of what is recommended as more than that and I can't sleep.

Pleasantly surprised

Posted by Reviewer2156018 on May 23, 2010

Started using in June '09 since I read it might melt fat and helps build up muscle. I use between 2-4 little scoops a day. During the summer I read in the reviews that it helped for depression and then I realized why I was feeling so well, felt calmer and had more energy. At the same time I had started the digestive grape bitters crystals that might have helped too since it cleans the liver and there are a lot of emotions related to the liver.

Good TMG - It definitely does something for me!

Posted by Reviewer2265515 on Apr 27, 2009

I take this product regularly. It dissolves easily and I find that on days when other energy supplements run out of gas or don't seem to work, this provides a boost. It seems like this is a missing link or something. I generally feel better when I take it. TMG is supposed to lower homocysteine levels, so maybe it has something to do with it. It is very cheap and I take the little jar to work. This little jar will last a long time too.

Instant side effects with only 1/3 scoop!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 23, 2013

This gave me a pressure headache within minutes of ingestion. I show symptoms of homocystinuria which might simply be mimicked by candida's malabsorption syndrome, the resutls are the same since I can't digest/metabolize B vitamins! Anyway, extensive research on homocystinuria led me to purchasing this item. I woke up just past 5am, a bit later than I wanted and right after breakfast started experiencing CFIDS/herxheimer symptoms. Thinking this would alleviate the fatigue, I put 1/3rd of a scoop in an empty capsule. Bad idea! I became instantly confused, with an incipient headache and just this feeling of overall malaise. Thankfully I keep charcoal caps at hand: they mop up toxins, medicines and supplements OD alike. I took 2 and within minutes experienced relief from the TMG side effects in the sense of head pressure gone, brain fog and fatigue lifted. I did a quick google on the side effects: many people at forums report the exact same thing. What a bummer! I thought this was the missing link, I guess not! Also please note: 1) There is no info provided as to whether this is the toxic synthetic TMG (now I do wonder!) or whether it's derived from natural sources. 2) Whereas shampoo bottles give detailed step by step instructions on where to apply the shampoo and what to do with it once you have hand to head, this bottle leaves us absolutely in the dark! It doesn't say whether to take on empty stomach or after a meal; it doesn't even tell us whether to drop the powder in food, tongue or how. I have empty capsules, if you do not, I don't know how palatable this is, might be bitter or sweet, don't know! On the plus side, there is a really cute tiny scoop inside this bottle. I guess 1 star for cute mini scoop! :-|