Instant side effects with only 1/3 scoop!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Feb 23, 2013

This gave me a pressure headache within minutes of ingestion. I show symptoms of homocystinuria which might simply be mimicked by candida's malabsorption syndrome, the resutls are the same since I can't digest/metabolize B vitamins! Anyway, extensive research on homocystinuria led me to purchasing this item. I woke up just past 5am, a bit later than I wanted and right after breakfast started experiencing CFIDS/herxheimer symptoms. Thinking this would alleviate the fatigue, I put 1/3rd of a scoop in an empty capsule. Bad idea! I became instantly confused, with an incipient headache and just this feeling of overall malaise. Thankfully I keep charcoal caps at hand: they mop up toxins, medicines and supplements OD alike. I took 2 and within minutes experienced relief from the TMG side effects in the sense of head pressure gone, brain fog and fatigue lifted. I did a quick google on the side effects: many people at forums report the exact same thing. What a bummer! I thought this was the missing link, I guess not! Also please note: 1) There is no info provided as to whether this is the toxic synthetic TMG (now I do wonder!) or whether it's derived from natural sources. 2) Whereas shampoo bottles give detailed step by step instructions on where to apply the shampoo and what to do with it once you have hand to head, this bottle leaves us absolutely in the dark! It doesn't say whether to take on empty stomach or after a meal; it doesn't even tell us whether to drop the powder in food, tongue or how. I have empty capsules, if you do not, I don't know how palatable this is, might be bitter or sweet, don't know! On the plus side, there is a really cute tiny scoop inside this bottle. I guess 1 star for cute mini scoop! :-|

Great price!

Posted by Reviewer1654444 on Nov 24, 2009

I'm happy with my TMG. I'm using it for depression and it has definitely improved my mood and mental clarity--the effects for me were immediate. It makes sleeping more difficult--so I take literally the smallest amount you can imagine--just a pinch. I tried SAM-e in the past and didn't like the enteric coating--seems like this has the same effect and I like it much better because it's about a tenth of the price, there's no enteric coating, and I can tailor my dose to my needs.

Pleasantly surprised

Posted by Reviewer2156018 on May 23, 2010

Started using in June '09 since I read it might melt fat and helps build up muscle. I use between 2-4 little scoops a day. During the summer I read in the reviews that it helped for depression and then I realized why I was feeling so well, felt calmer and had more energy. At the same time I had started the digestive grape bitters crystals that might have helped too since it cleans the liver and there are a lot of emotions related to the liver.

Gives a real pick up

Posted by Reviewer3252107 on Oct 08, 2008

This does give me a pick up and with fibro I need that. I take a 1/4 of what is recommended as more than that and I can't sleep.

Good TMG - It definitely does something for me!

Posted by Reviewer2265515 on Apr 27, 2009

I take this product regularly. It dissolves easily and I find that on days when other energy supplements run out of gas or don't seem to work, this provides a boost. It seems like this is a missing link or something. I generally feel better when I take it. TMG is supposed to lower homocysteine levels, so maybe it has something to do with it. It is very cheap and I take the little jar to work. This little jar will last a long time too.

SAM

Posted by Reviewer1356542 on Jul 01, 2008

Great product. I use this with choline cocktail and berry High along with L-methionine for a morning drink. Provides energy.

Very strong but good

Posted by Reviewer1055187 on Mar 21, 2010

I take a tiny bit of this (about 1/8 tsp) and it gives a little lift. It keeps me awake if I take more of it.

Jarrow Formula, TMG Crystals

Posted by Reviewer2598315 on Aug 02, 2010

For the most part, Happy with product. Though at times the crystals are clumped together, and I have not been receiving the plastic scoop in the product. This makes taking the product difficult.

Some side effects

Posted by Reviewer1177329 on Jan 06, 2011

An entire scoop is too stimulating so I mix it with water and drink it in smaller doses. Also, this seems to be causing diarrhea (I normally have chronic constipation). Seems to help moods though and supposed to be good for detoxification so I will keep taking at least until I finish the bottle.

Fantastic. Use with Jarrow's Liver Support !!! It becomes SAM-E

Posted by Reviewer2807130 on Jul 16, 2010

Google it. TMG taken with the Liver Support is effective and does the job of SAM-E for less money.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »