Not reliable

Posted by Reviewer1596539 on Feb 26, 2013

It helps with anxiety and coffee jitters, but a tolerance builds up from using it every day making this unreliable and really expensive to have to keep using larger doses.

Gave me energy and made me less anxious

Posted by Reviewer2525334 on Oct 31, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the effect of these pills, not hoping for so much at first. What I've noticed when taking them was that a (tinnitus- and/or depression-related) tiredness gave way, in a stunning manner, and I suddenly got a lot more energy (now I'm on to the Shangri la-diet, which also surprisingly has given me a lot more energy). After taking it for a wile I don't notice this effect that much, but thats probably because I normally take it on a daily basis now, and I don't get as tired as I was before, due to the use of these. I think I became a bit calmer, found myself more active and less anxious in front of people (I've had a sociophobic-like condition), more outgoing. Not sure if it has helped anything with obsession-thoughts or not. It also makes my stomach active, not seldomly forcing me to visit the loo, and I can feel a bit sick if I take too big a dose. N.B. that this (100 mg) is quite a large dose in comparison to a cup of green tea - according to Wikipedia, a cup of tea can contain 20 mg of theanine. I don't want to take exessive amounts of it, so I open the pill and drop a bit of the powder inside on a spoon, and then swallow it with water, saving the rest of the pill for later. Also N.B. that it is important to take it on an empty stomach: as I've understood it, the body doesn't take up this amino acid if it has other substances available, or something along that line. I also should say that I haven't tried any other brand of theanine.

Good supplement for relaxation/stress relief and focus

Posted by Reviewer1824289 on Oct 05, 2012

My son's doctor has prescribed 100mg of theanine twice per day. He was having anxiety issues at school. This has definitely helped his mood, without making him drowsy. He also takes 100mg of 5-HTP, but that makes him sleepy so he takes it at night before bed. I am happy that my son's anxiety is much improved without the use of prescription drugs.

Nice way to maintain mental calm

Posted by dav605 on Jun 30, 2012

Theanine works well to make me feel much calmer and more content. The effects of theanine on brain chemistry are well-documented. Rather than being a quick-acting sedative like Xanax or Ativan, the effect is more wholistic. Theanine can be used by your brain to naturally create the neurotransmitters that make you more content. The effects take a while to manifest and are subtle. You just notice that you have felt relaxed and content since taking it, but no sedation, euphoria, or rush after taking one. Of course, I also take other steps to avoid stress. Theanine makes it easier to be calmer and more content, but it can't make a difficult life tolerable.

awesome

Posted by Reviewer3129442 on Jun 01, 2012

awesome

Great for sleep

Posted by Reviewer2164723 on Jan 23, 2012

I take this every night for sleep and it definitely helps. Also take some during the day if I feel anxious. The science behind it is solid.

Gave me a migraine

Posted by Reviewer1739401 on Jan 18, 2012

I was so excited to read about the benefits of L-Theanine cause it is supposed to help anxiety. I am so tired of taking xanax and wanted more natural treatment. UNFORTUNATELY this gave me a NASTY migraine headache within 2 hrs!! I am very sensitive to everything. Oh well, back to xanax.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2704900 on Nov 21, 2011

Amazing product that worked for me, and for all my friends and family. It makes you sleep better, gives a more relaxed feeling and feels like its balancing something in the mind. Also it provides a little bit of extra energy during the day. Awesome product. Ill definitely order more in the future.

Change in life perspective

Posted by Reviewer3205133 on Nov 19, 2011

Recommended to me by my nutritionist. I take these in combination with 5-HTP and SAM-e 200. I was suffering from low moods and depression, as well as decreased focus and attention. Taking these tablets has changed my life. My mood is now consistent and good, I have focus, I'm able to think "clearer," and feel mentally better than I have in years. Did much more for me than a lot of therapy ; ) I was prescribed anti-depressants at one point. So glad I resisted. One round of visits to a nutritionist and all better, naturally and healthily!

Jarrow Theanine

Posted by Reviewer2139816 on Nov 01, 2011

good product easy to take