Great for cognitive functions, less for anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1976825 on Nov 30, 2008

I bought theanine thinking it would help calm me down and relieve my anxiety, but that effect only lasted for a day or two. Another thing that I was surprised to discover was its effect on cognitive abilities: being a student, I coud focus three times as long, and think way more clearly. Now I take it before challenging and time-consuming tasks and know I won't get tired, but I do have to find something else for anxiety, though. All in all, a good product, but probably does not match the needs of every single individual. The price was great, and the shipment was superfast - iHerb is now my favorite.

Seems to reduce anxiety..

Posted by Reviewer2080411 on Dec 31, 2009

I've been having these for a while now. Wouldn't say that relaxing effect is remarkable, but seems to reduce anxiety noticeably. For a product without side effects, I'd rate at least adequate result and I'm very happy with that.

Good...

Posted by 4946624616245886969 on Feb 18, 2013

but not as good as Now double strength(which is the same mg).

less stress is good.

Posted by LoyalCustomer on Aug 30, 2012

theanine reduces stress. it depends on the person how much, so your mileage may vary.

Anti-Stress Aid

Posted by Reviewer1759125 on May 08, 2009

I have found theanine helpful and take it as an adjunct to my first-line anti-stress supplements which are inositol, kava, and valerian.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer2597271 on Sep 20, 2009

For non-drowsiness anti-anxiety it is effective although multiple capsules may be sometimes needed. Recommended (also doctor recommended). Combined with valerian extract (not just root) which is excellent in giving quick sleep, it extends a longer and deeper sleep.

Helps Me Focus

Posted by 4756545918426610127 on Jun 13, 2012

I take this with Jarrow's Neuro-Optimizer. Helps me focus without feeling jittery.

Great product, a bit on the pricey side

Posted by Reviewer3017527 on Jun 09, 2013

I love theanine to balance out the edginess from coffee, and this product never disappoints. Jarrow Formulas is a top brand, so the price is right in line with the quality.

who knows

Posted by 5501055847438313373 on Nov 23, 2013

so hard for me to tell if a supplement is good or not

Great Value

Posted by 5314994136866762745 on Jun 16, 2016

I have used this several times and thoroughly recommend it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »