Jarrow Formulas, Whey Protein, Ultrafiltered Powder, Unflavored, 32 oz (908 g)

Best protein powder I have found

Posted by Reviewer3361413 From Ohio on Jan 13, 2008

I have tried lots of protein powders. Two things I look for is how easily it dissolves and how it tastes. This powder gets A+ on both. Dissolves quickly in water, milk or soy milk and has no nasty, chalky taste. Add a packet of Sweet Fiber with water for perfect lo carb meal replacement.

YUM!

Posted by Reviewer2167881 From California on Jan 20, 2009

i know its supposed to be unflavored but i like the milky/dairy taste it adds to my milkshake. i use a blender so i dont know how well it would dissolve by just stirring. it does thicken my milkshake and i love it!! im trying to lose weight but dont want to feel like i have to starve myself or hold myself from food i like but am trying to learn how to do "portions". i guess i should tell you how much i love eating. and i love carbs!! growing up, my friends used to tease me about having an alligator in my stomach coz i never gained any weight and i ate twice as much as they did...until i had a baby. now they tease me that my eating habits are catching up with me. i mix this with macro greens and miracle reds, add 2/3 cup of milk, 1/4-1/3 cup each of 2 frozen fruits and 1/2 cup of ice cream (to sweeten and sort of mask the superfoods flavor). this mix gives me around 530-600 calories and, at first, it seemed like a lot but i noticed how i am not hungry for about 4-5 hours, and if i craved anything, it wasnt something i couldnt fight. plus i have all this energy that i actually do some aerobics after i take this. PLUS i still have lots of energy left AFTER i work out (i normally crash after). TMI but this might help someone: this mix has also made me "regular", going 2-3 times/day tho with no "urgency". if i take it around 8-9am, i start getting hungry by 2pm and i just take some of whatever i have on hand. i was very surprised one day, i made some brownies and can normally eat half of the entire batch in one sitting. i was starting to get hungry so i took a square piece and walked around while eating it. i was surprised that after i had some water, i didnt even want anymore. it wasnt like i was even trying to NOT eat anymore... another proof is when my sister in law got me a box of see's candies and i only took one piece. she knows i can finish a box in two nights of watching tv. and there are days (its been almost 3 weeks) id open it coz i thought i want some chocolates and while trying to decide which to pick, i sort of lose my craving and just close the box. for some reason, whenever i take this, i dont go over my 1200 calorie diet. yes, even with the almost 600 calories in my milkshake. i suppose the exercise helps too, it makes me less hungry and makes me want to move around all day. i dont go overboard with lunch and dinner and would sometimes skip lunch just coz i wasnt hungry. then i can eat a big dinner if i wanted to (before 6pm) but a week after taking this mix, i didnt really feel like eating so much anymore. with my shake mix, i also take multivits and flax seed oil caps. i had really dry winter skin, my face was literally peeling like healing sunburned skin. a week into this supplement combo and my skin feels better plus i havent been breaking out as much as before.

Plain and Simple

Posted by Reviewer2519351 From Florida on May 04, 2007

I've been using this protein for years. Hard to find whey protein without alot of junk and flavors added. I use this plain, just mixed with water, and it never has an "off" taste like many other brands.

Jarrow whey protein powder

Posted by Reviewer2809615 From California on Jan 23, 2007

I love this protein powder. It is very versatile. I have used it in several different foods including milk, orange juice, and oatmeal. It has a bland taste which blends well with foods. The iherb price is great and I'll definitely re-purchase in the future.

Highly Effective

Posted by Reviewer2805591 From Texas on Dec 14, 2008

My sister started using the whey regularly in conjunction with physical activity and no other significant changes in diet. Within a month her figure was leaner and she had lost several pounds of weight, specifically around the mid-section. I'd recommend taking a scoop before and after the any type of exercise for best results.