Puts out the fire

Posted by Reviewer2155863 on Mar 11, 2009

If you google up "life extension magazine+April 2007" you can read about the effects of limonene on GERD and the double blind study that was done.

bile floooow!!

Posted by Reviewer2918682 on Oct 26, 2012

This has been great for me with increasing bile flow. I do recommend taking this at night. First reason is it can make you tired and second reason is that you can become nauseated from the bile being dumped into the intestines, which is another reason why this needs to be taken with food, especially heavy food or fatty oils to offset the fat absorption and breakdown. So I usually take this every other day with a heavy meal. If one is getting too nauseated from this, I recommend lowering the dosage to 500mg, which I may do in once the bottle is out, that way I can take everyday and not worry about the nausea/sleepy side effects.

Limonene works!

Posted by Reviewer2634730 on Apr 19, 2009

They don't know how or why, but it works. I had been looking for an alternative to Famotidine for GERD for a long time, then I read about d-Limonene. I tried it, and to my amazement, it did all that I read it would. I stopped taking the pharm drug overnight and haven't needed it since.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2301627 on Apr 21, 2009

Great product. I noticed an improvement of my acid reflux/heartburn within 3-4 days. Highly recommended.

d-Liimonene

Posted by Reviewer2301980 on Feb 02, 2011

Disliking being on Acid-Reducers the rest of my life, I tried every recommendation to rid myself of Acid Reflux. I tied cleansing, HCI tablets, Vinegar, Apple, you name it. Nothing worked for me until I read about D-Limonene. It is wonderful. Jarrow Formulas' d-Limonene is a high quality for the best price.

Really helps my Gerd symptoms!!!

Posted by Reviewer2109998 on Feb 03, 2015

I just completed the 20 day course of 1 every other day and I must say that it has helped me so much, I am in the weaning process of getting off Nexium, it took me almost a year to taper off 40mg 1x day to now 5mg every other day. I am almost there, being completely off this ppi, the d-linonene has made a big difference although I still have mild symptoms but no where to the point they were. I think now I will use a couple times per week for a while to see if I get any more improvement. Burping of the orange peel is a good thing, it means the product is working at reaching and coating the esophagus.

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1274135 on Dec 29, 2010

Terrific alternative to antacids. If you're trying it for the first time, I'd suggest taking it once a day about an hour after a meal for three weeks or so. This is the least expensive d-limonene I've found, and Jarrow offers five times more softgels per package than other brands. It definitely works for me, and I'll continue to take a maintenance dose every so often, so I'm happy to have the larger package.

D-Limonene and acid reflux

Posted by Reviewer2663764 on Oct 04, 2011

I was recommended this product by Dr. Teitelbaum author of Fatigue to Fantastic, I am getting my digestion back on track after being diagnosised with H. Pylori bacteria which includes symptoms of acid reflux, this product really helped me immediately, my throat, stomach felt more relaxed after a meal, I feel less bloated and I actually feel good when I burp up the orange peel taste, this product is better than Nexum, the more I use it the calmer my digestive system feel, I'm using it every other day for 20 days. Highly recommended for digestive and bloating upsets.

Orange peel extract

Posted by Reviewer3249710 on Aug 11, 2010

I used Losec and Nexium for years. These are reasonably strong drugs and I was advised that they should not be taken the whole time. I suffered from acid reflux quite badly. I changed to this product about 6 months ago and take it twice a day and I have been fine since. 100% recommended for anybody suffering from reflux.

The best!

Posted by Reviewer1759549 on Sep 03, 2010

I have dealt with acid reflux and severe esophageal pain my whole life. I started taking Jarrow d-limonene based on the results of clinical trials showing that it could eliminate it. I have to say it worked better than I could possibly imagine. I no longer take proton pump inhibitors which saves me a bunch of money and I feel so much better. I take this every day. In my opinion it doesn't seem to necessarily eliminate acid but seems to protect your esophagus from the acid. This allowed my esophagus to heal. I also had to change my diet (I love spicy food, but it doesn't like me) and that has helped me as well.