Jason Natural, Color Protect Henna Shampoo, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Highlights and more!

Posted by Reviewer1184080 From Arizona on Sep 04, 2008

This is a wonderful, natural, henna shampoo. It has swiftly become one of my favorites. The ingredients are impeccably natural, and it has a lot of henna extract in it. My boyfriend can always tell when I've used it, as it makes my highlights shine. Smells nice, moisturizes, and doesn't weigh hair down. Jason wins again!

drying

Posted by Reviewer1253099 From Washington on May 18, 2009

The henna seemed to help with highlights, however it's drying. I tried 3 of jason natural shampoos. This, the aloe, and the biotin. All three are very drying for my hair. It got somewhat dreadlocky and didn't help with split ends. I would have greasy scalp by the evening. To save my hair from completely drying out I'd have to washing using conditioner, then shampoo and then use conditioner again. I also had to water the shampoos down. The conditioners are very thick, heavy and somewhat greasy feeling.

Nice, Gentle Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1313834 From Maryland on Jun 20, 2009

I kind of expected that the "Hi Lights" wording implied that this shampoo might be color-depositing, which it is not. If it really brings out a person's highlights, I would be surprised. It does produce a nice shine overall, but I was hoping for something that would add to the color of my hair by the implication of "Henna" and "Highlights."

Ouch!

Posted by Reviewer2882983 From Russian Federation on Mar 22, 2011

I have long, straight hair and this shampoo left me with tangled dry mess (even with use of conditioner). Not an experience I care to repeat. And definitely not something I'd recommend for daily use, more so if you're conscious of Dimethicone being among ingredients.

50/50

Posted by Reviewer2407665 on Oct 24, 2012

The smell is great, reminds me of almond extract, and it's texture and look are the same as any other shampoo. However, this does not lather/suds up for me at all. So I almost feel like I'm not getting a very good wash, but that could just be because I'm used to shampoo lathering up. So I use more than I would like each wash just so I feel I'm covering my entire head. As far as my hair afterwards, it's very soft, not weighed down at all and shiny. That part I like. But I don't know if I'll buy again. I plan on trying other natural shampoos to see if any of the others lather up the way I am used to.