Highlights and more!

Posted by Reviewer1184080 on Sep 04, 2008

This is a wonderful, natural, henna shampoo. It has swiftly become one of my favorites. The ingredients are impeccably natural, and it has a lot of henna extract in it. My boyfriend can always tell when I've used it, as it makes my highlights shine. Smells nice, moisturizes, and doesn't weigh hair down. Jason wins again!

drying

Posted by Reviewer1253099 on May 18, 2009

The henna seemed to help with highlights, however it's drying. I tried 3 of jason natural shampoos. This, the aloe, and the biotin. All three are very drying for my hair. It got somewhat dreadlocky and didn't help with split ends. I would have greasy scalp by the evening. To save my hair from completely drying out I'd have to washing using conditioner, then shampoo and then use conditioner again. I also had to water the shampoos down. The conditioners are very thick, heavy and somewhat greasy feeling.

Nice, Gentle Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1313834 on Jun 20, 2009

I kind of expected that the "Hi Lights" wording implied that this shampoo might be color-depositing, which it is not. If it really brings out a person's highlights, I would be surprised. It does produce a nice shine overall, but I was hoping for something that would add to the color of my hair by the implication of "Henna" and "Highlights."

Ouch!

Posted by Reviewer2882983 on Mar 22, 2011

I have long, straight hair and this shampoo left me with tangled dry mess (even with use of conditioner). Not an experience I care to repeat. And definitely not something I'd recommend for daily use, more so if you're conscious of Dimethicone being among ingredients.

50/50

Posted by Reviewer2407665 on Oct 24, 2012

The smell is great, reminds me of almond extract, and it's texture and look are the same as any other shampoo. However, this does not lather/suds up for me at all. So I almost feel like I'm not getting a very good wash, but that could just be because I'm used to shampoo lathering up. So I use more than I would like each wash just so I feel I'm covering my entire head. As far as my hair afterwards, it's very soft, not weighed down at all and shiny. That part I like. But I don't know if I'll buy again. I plan on trying other natural shampoos to see if any of the others lather up the way I am used to.

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1042662 on Feb 06, 2012

It's the best shampoo I ever used! hair becomes strong and volumed. I'll buy it again and again!

Oops!

Posted by Reviewer2865107 on Sep 15, 2011

While I trust that this is a fine product from Jasons, I, a gluten intolerant individual, missed that wheat protein was an ingredient until I received it. Won't use. Didn't bother to return it. That being the case can only give a 3-star rating,though it very well may be deserving higher.

Leaves Hair Lacking

Posted by Reviewer1260176 on May 17, 2012

This does not make much lather and although I am grateful for healthier products, it does not clean my hair very well.

Seems to dry out my hair

Posted by Reviewer1523883 on Jun 16, 2011

I was hoping this conditioner would be wonderful for my hair but the day after using it, my hair was dry and stiff as spikes. I'm not giving up and I'm going to use it again and hope it will improve as I like the idea of applying a henna hi light while I shampoo and condition.

very thick consistency

Posted by Reviewer1625792 on Apr 01, 2010

I had high hopes for this shampoo, but it's just ok... I already have henna in my hair, so I'm not sure if it really does add henna highlights or not. I do not like the consistency of the shampoo--I have to add water to get it thin enough to work through my hair. Also, afterwards, my hair seems weighed down (I have thick wavy hair).