10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Kirk's, Original Coco Castile Bar Soap, Fragrance Free, 4 oz (113 g)

Contains palm oil which is hurting orangutans.

Posted by Reviewer3255124 on Jan 24, 2013

I used to use this until I found out there is palm oil in their 'vegetable oil' ingredient. Production of palm oil is driving orangutans to extinction. (A little ironic considering I was using this because it's vegan and cruelty-free) I found an olive oil soap that I'm using instead that doesn't contain palm oil. (Also, I think "sustainable" palm oil is a green washing term. Companies have no way of actually knowing where their palm oil is sourced as the agency that regulates this is considered unreliable.)

great soap

Posted by Reviewer1677856 on Jul 31, 2010

I use this on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I need a face soap that cleans well but doesn't irritate. Well this is fantastic. Doesn't dry me out, but cleans very well and is super gentle. Will buy again.

Ok for hands, not for body

Posted by Reviewer1165528 on Jul 11, 2011

Dries sensitive skin. Washing only hands with it.

drying

Posted by Reviewer3060193 on Aug 01, 2011

Oh dear~~~ This soap dries my skin badly. I tried it on my hair and now it is the 6th day since I threw it away, my hair is still recovering : ( But I still thank Kirk as from the trial I know castile soap is not for me. I'll stick with shea butter from now on.

SQUEAKY CLEAN!!

Posted by Reviewer3117934 on Aug 22, 2010

No fragrance to bother fragrance/chemical sensitivities. Also, a really great clean. Can be a little drying to the skin, but when you really want to cut the 'grime', this is the one!