Mixed Experiences

Posted by HawaiianViking on Nov 12, 2012

When I took Life Enhancement, GalantaMind, I did notice that I was doing the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle with greater relative ease, and my dreams were more vivid and easy to recall. But the positive effects seemed to diminish quickly unless I increased the dose and so I discontinued using the product and passed it on to a more mature member of my family, one who sometimes has periods of some mental cloudiness. After only one day of taking GalantaMind, he was described as being "more lucid than he has been in years", and the difference was remarkable. However, with increasing dosages came mild bradycardia and gastrointestinal upset, which was severe enough for him to discontinue treatment with GalantaMind. This product is not cheap, and I think it's rather too expensive unless there are very clear benefits without serious side-effects, and for us it just wasn't worth it. I've seen much more success with DMAE and a traditional Scandinavian remedy long used in my family, Rhodiola.

Not for everyone

Posted by Reviewer2474654 on Feb 19, 2010

I am a full time college student with a heavy course load. My memory became very poor this term and I didn't want to lose my 4.0 so I thought I would try this since there was some decent research supporting its use for memory/cognitive enhancement. The first dose made me experience intense sadness and left me unable to study until it wore off completely around 20 hours later. I can't tell if it helped my memory since I wasn't able to study effectively. I dare not take it again to see if the effect persists since I can't afford to lose the study time. It may work for some but its definitely not for everyone. DMAE on the other hand helped me a lot with concentration and consequently memory. So, if galantamine doesn't work for you, maybe give DMAE a try.

Just what I expected.

Posted by 5684040477964522545 on Aug 08, 2012

I use this marvelosu product to enhance my dream recall and vivid imaginery just once in a while. As a nice secondary effect the next two day after taking it I feel more focused and still have vivid dreams.

memory

Posted by Reviewer1056401 on Oct 15, 2008

definite marked improvement in my brain function when I take this. I can focus much better.

AMAZING !!!

Posted by Reviewer2862546 on Dec 19, 2011

I love GalantaMind!! It made a world of difference with everything mental. My concentration and recall are 200% improved!

GalantaMind

Posted by Reviewer1920233 on Nov 18, 2008

So far so good. I'm not taking it every day, only on days I wish to enhance my night-time dreams.

No Noticeable Difference

Posted by Reviewer1333024 on Dec 10, 2012

Maybe I haven't taken this long enough, but for $45 a bottle I would expect to notice some results, even minor effects, but I haven't noticed any difference at all except maybe a headache.

Tolerance issues

Posted by Reviewer1425851 on Dec 14, 2008

I realize that this substance will cease to have a noticeable effect after a week of consistent, once-daily dosing. So, I was probably wrong about this supplement's inertness. The good thing is that at least the gastrointestinal side effects disappear. If you try taking 16mg, it will case mild bradycardia, so be aware of that if you feel you need to push the dose up that high. Hmm, what else...if you want to augment its effects I'd recommend one of the adaptogens like eleuthero, rhodiola, ginseng, muira puama, or perhaps maca. Eleuthero seems to work best in combination for me. And of course, caffeine helps too.

It Doesn't Help Fight Alzheimers

Posted by Reviewer1305699 on Dec 23, 2008

I got this for my grandmother a few weeks back. She has mid stage Alzheimers. I read online Galantamine was supposed to help Alzheimer's patients. She has been taking it every day for over the past two weeks and has not improved at all. In fact, she has gotten worse. Galantamind hasn't helped my grandmother at all and may have made things worse. This product may help other things perhaps but not Alzheimers.

Bomb!

Posted by 5720584795048298002 on Oct 11, 2016

I've been using Gala for the past three years and I love it! I notice definite improvement in cognitive ability and speech fluency the days I partake. I use a mix of this and Matcha green tea while studying for college exams and prior to taking the exams. Gala is the ultimate counter to the negative side effects from smoking the herb as well. I don't take Gala on the daily as I want to keep my tolerance down, but I do take it in times of acute need for being 11. (if you catch my drift) I'm 22 yo atm. Managed my first college degree at the the age of 18 and this is my advice, give it a try! I have gone through like a bottle every year and 1/2.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »