Not just for over 40's - there's also a 30 cap bottle if unsure/buying for first time

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 30, 2013

This isn't something I'll continue to buy, though it definitely provided an energy boost and great that there are no fillers. I saw another review that said they read up to three caps a day is OK (which I did try), but I found one was sufficient to benefit from energy/mood wise. Three was too much for me and caused a bit of an unpleasant chain reaction, starting with breathlessness (though that did help me confirm something, so not a waste of time). There's also a 30-cap bottle which is a good option for first time buyers. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Life in a pill

Posted by Reviewer2697887 on Oct 17, 2011

I am 47 years old and I had a stroke EXACTLY right at the start of my menopause. The doctors couldn't find any cause for the stroke, I had low blood pressure, low cholesterol, but I knew that it was hormone-related. I had trouble with the thyroid years ago, and I suspected that the thyroid wasn't working right, even though the TSH was within normal limits. I researched the internet and I found out that when thyroid hormone is low then progesterone is low, which makes estrogen dominant, and estrogen causes blood clots. To make a long story short, within a few days after I started Thyroplex I felt like my own younger self, it was like I found the elixir of life.

Very helpful

Posted by Reviewer3325005 on May 25, 2013

I was experiencing hot flashes, low energy and sleepless nights. Tried so many different supplements and nothing really worked to give me a long term result. I read some material about glandulars then stumbled upon this product and decided to give it a try as it didn't contain porcine glandulars nor any fillers. Well I was delighted. I started with only 1 in the morning and felt an improvement. I later read it would be safe taking 3 a day so I increased the dosage. Since 3 a day I've been ecstatic. I've returned to almost normal energy, wellbeing and sleep levels. I'm on to my 3 bottle but will give it a break when I feel its time. I was a vegan for many years and never really wanted animal products. I have always relied on herbs but somehow I've found these glandulars amazing in restoring my wellbeing and energy. I don't care about the price at all as I've spent lots on other supplements. I'm happy to pay for something that's giving me the result I need. Thank you to the manufacturer!

seems effective

Posted by Reviewer3312344 on Jan 03, 2010

my partner is using this product for symptoms of sub-clinical hypothyroid. she has been taking it for 6 weeks and describes many positive results, including: - increased (to normal range) basal body temperature - warmer hands and feet even in cold winter weather - gradual, consistent increase in energy overall - decreased brain fog - improved sleep quality so far, so good! thanks for carrying this high-quality product at a reasonable price.

ThyroPlex

Posted by Reviewer1352709 on Mar 09, 2010

I've been taking this supplement for a month now and I believe this is one of reasons that I have been able to really control my weight. I'm not overweight, but have always struggled with every little morsel.I no longer have to worry so much, as my weight has stabilized. I love this product and am re-ordering. Thank you..

Seems like a good product

Posted by Reviewer3049143 on Jan 06, 2011

I honestly can't say if or how much this product is helping. I hope it is. I was tested by my GP for hypothyroid and, as is sadly common, I tested out just fine though I have had several of the symptoms of low thyroid. After doing a bit of research I found this product, which according to all the health gurus I've read from, has the right ingredients--real animal organs. I figured taking this won't hurt me. I've been taking it for about 6 months and I guess I would say that my symptoms have diminished a bit. Weight gain, dry skin and fatigue seemingly not so much of a problem now. I am also taking homeopathic iodine drops and have added some dried seaweed seasonings to my diet along with increasing my fish oil. Hope this info helps someone.

thryoplex woman

Posted by Reviewer1387192 on Feb 22, 2008

after researchingthisproduct decided to try it,have used it for 6 mos, feel better in every way, more energy,weight loss,improved wellbeing during menopause

Headaches & Elevated Estrogen

Posted by PantryPractitioner on Apr 25, 2013

I had been using this product for around 6 months. In the early months it was fine- it increased my energy a little, helped me to lose a little weight and kept any menopausal symptoms at bay. More recently however I found that I was developing severe headaches which resolved when i stopped taking Thyroplex and quickly returned on even the smallest dose. I performed a saliva hormone test and found that my estrogen is quite elevated compared to marginally elevated progesterone. Since stopping the supplement hot flushes have been increasing along with a regain of weight- my LH and FSH hormones are quite elevated also.

Love it

Posted by detoxhealing on Aug 16, 2010

My thyroid labs are "within range" but this supplement really helps me feel more energetic and cleared up some of my keratosis pilaris. I am really thankful for the other reviews here which encouraged me to try it. Thanks iherb and your customers!

Thyroplex review

Posted by Reviewer2796353 on Feb 03, 2008

I have tried many Rx for Hypothyroid and had many bad reactions. Thyroplex works great and I have no side effects.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »