good chelator

Posted by Reviewer2683986 on Sep 22, 2009

love it in grape juice in the AM---a good chelator

DIY Intestinal Formula #1

Posted by Reviewer1009659 on Apr 11, 2011

I use this with other herbs to make Dr. Shulze's Intestinal Formula #1 in bulk (found the recipe online, search for "Shulze Formulae". I also like Christopher's Original Formula of Quick Colon Tonic Part 2, available at iHerb.

Great for Intestinal Issues

Posted by Reviewer2069391 on Aug 24, 2010

I've tried everything it seems for bloating & constipation (IBS) issues. This is the ONLY thing that has ever consistently helped! I use one tsp in the a.m. in diluted juice (apple w/some pom & black current... & I still add a few tsp of psyllium powder to it) and you'll never look at anything else for IBS again. Great to have my flat tummy back! I haven't had any heartburn or GERD since I've been taking this either (altho' that might be due to the excellent digestive enzymes that I take mentioned below). One thing.. since this product is pectin, it does not mix all that well. I sprinkle a bit at a time while vigorously stirring w/ a whisk (I use the type of straight whisk that has little balls on the end of it.. works better than others, or add to a smoothie). You'll still have some lumps but they'll be very small in comparison to adding all at once (not recommended). Wish I'd known about this years ago! Take a good digestive enzyme w/ your meals (I use Dr. Murray's Multi-Enzyme) and include a probiotic that will survive your stomach acid (Healthy Origins formula is great) and you'll be good to go. For really tough problems, you might consider adding some Slippery Elm and/or Marshmallow Root to your regimen at night (also good for bladder/kidneys). All of the above are available at iHerb. I'll never go w/o this apple pectin powder.. it was the missing element for me: it has made that big of a difference in my digestive issues that I've ceased using everything else I've tried over the years, except what I've mentioned here. Hope it works as well for you!

Great Colon Cleanser

Posted by Reviewer1782929 on Apr 29, 2011

Much more effective than just drinking apple juice by providing the needed bulk. I believe it also helps to support our gallbladder and liver in detoxing.

Good

Posted by paisleyjade on Oct 31, 2011

I bought this for my children to protect them from the radiation in Japan. I thought it would be something they could take easily with juice, but none of my children would take it. Personally I found it blended well in flavor with the juice, but kids are much more picky than adults so I use it and find it to be good product, but if you are buying it for children, be prepared to have to take it yourself because not all children will drink it.

Great Results

Posted by Reviewer1102710 on Dec 01, 2010

I found this Apple Pectin Powder to much more effective with better results than any pill form or other powders I have tried. Thanks!

No more IBS symptoms!

Posted by Reviewer1221188 on Jun 11, 2011

I used to have a bloated stomach and other symptoms of IBS, but not anymore. This is a good product, make sure you take it with plenty of water.

good

Posted by Reviewer1547747 on Feb 07, 2012

i've just started using this , and it's hard to say whether it's removing or absorbing heavy metals from my body as i haven't had a metal-blood test , but , it's very fine , and easy to use on your breakfast oats ; it looks and feels good when i use it , but i know i probably do have ( as most of us !) heavy metals circulating in my blood and tissues as i had mercury fillings as a child and some vaccines and haven't had the fillings safey removed yet .

perfect

Posted by opheart on Jul 31, 2012

I add it to home-made yogurt, because pectin stimulates the growth of intestinal flora. It's good for fruit spreads too. To add it to something liquid, you have to mix it with sugar in proportion 5 (sugar):1 (pectin). Or you can take crystalline fructose instead of sugar. And there will be no lumps. The taste of this pectin is a little sour.

Apple Pectin Fiber

Posted by Reviewer2144919 on Sep 10, 2010

Feels very fresh in the stomach in a few minutes.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »