Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Life Extension, Apple Pectin Powder, 227 g (Discontinued Item)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

good chelator

Posted by Reviewer2683986 on Sep 22, 2009

love it in grape juice in the AM---a good chelator

DIY Intestinal Formula #1

Posted by Reviewer1009659 on Apr 11, 2011

I use this with other herbs to make Dr. Shulze's Intestinal Formula #1 in bulk (found the recipe online, search for "Shulze Formulae". I also like Christopher's Original Formula of Quick Colon Tonic Part 2, available at iHerb.

Great for Intestinal Issues

Posted by Reviewer2069391 on Aug 24, 2010

I've tried everything it seems for bloating & constipation (IBS) issues. This is the ONLY thing that has ever consistently helped! I use one tsp in the a.m. in diluted juice (apple w/some pom & black current... & I still add a few tsp of psyllium powder to it) and you'll never look at anything else for IBS again. Great to have my flat tummy back! I haven't had any heartburn or GERD since I've been taking this either (altho' that might be due to the excellent digestive enzymes that I take mentioned below). One thing.. since this product is pectin, it does not mix all that well. I sprinkle a bit at a time while vigorously stirring w/ a whisk (I use the type of straight whisk that has little balls on the end of it.. works better than others, or add to a smoothie). You'll still have some lumps but they'll be very small in comparison to adding all at once (not recommended). Wish I'd known about this years ago! Take a good digestive enzyme w/ your meals (I use Dr. Murray's Multi-Enzyme) and include a probiotic that will survive your stomach acid (Healthy Origins formula is great) and you'll be good to go. For really tough problems, you might consider adding some Slippery Elm and/or Marshmallow Root to your regimen at night (also good for bladder/kidneys). All of the above are available at iHerb. I'll never go w/o this apple pectin powder.. it was the missing element for me: it has made that big of a difference in my digestive issues that I've ceased using everything else I've tried over the years, except what I've mentioned here. Hope it works as well for you!

Great Colon Cleanser

Posted by Reviewer1782929 on Apr 29, 2011

Much more effective than just drinking apple juice by providing the needed bulk. I believe it also helps to support our gallbladder and liver in detoxing.

Good

Posted by Reviewer3122792 on Oct 31, 2011

I bought this for my children to protect them from the radiation in Japan. I thought it would be something they could take easily with juice, but none of my children would take it. Personally I found it blended well in flavor with the juice, but kids are much more picky than adults so I use it and find it to be good product, but if you are buying it for children, be prepared to have to take it yourself because not all children will drink it.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »