Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Life Extension, Lactoferrin Caps, 60 Capsules (Discontinued Item)

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Prevents acne

Posted by Reviewer1053246 on May 15, 2008

I started taking Lactoferrin over a year ago. In the past year, I have only had a blemish when I run out of Lactoferrin for more than a week. The Life Extension brand is the best one I've tried for preventing acne. Lactoferrin prevents the bacteria on your skin from feeding on iron, thus preventing blemishes. Prior to this discovery, I had battled with acne for years and the only thing that had helped was antibiotics. I take one pill every other night before bed since it makes me sleepy. I take it every other night to prevent anemia and because the bottles are so expensive.

Managing hemochromatosis

Posted by Reviewer2177322 on Jan 22, 2008

I use lactoferring to bind iron in blood serum. Apolactoferrin is the recommended type of lactoferrin and your's is the only brand that is that type.

Lactoferrin

Posted by Reviewer3171285 on May 24, 2008

The service was terrific! I am actually giving this to our dog who was diagnosed with a torn ACL. Surgery was suggested, but we were told about this product in conjunction with Xtreme Joint by some friends whose dog had the same issue. I am happy to say that Bogiee, our Bichon, is doing great! He is playful, running (although we try to keep this to a bare minimum) and limps only occasionally. Before, when we tried to take him for a walk he couldn't make it past our next door neighbors' house! I am totally sold on this product!

Great A

Posted by Reviewer1878573 on Aug 14, 2011

This is the only form of "apo"lactoferrin on the market.. All the published medical articles verifying the immune benefits of lactoferrin use "apo" version. It's a little more $, but well worth it!

Helps with Acne

Posted by Reviewer2471716 on Dec 18, 2011

I've been using this product on and off for the past 3yrs now. Before I found this product I've been suffering from cystic acne for a very long time. I went on prescription drugs and even took accutane to help my condition. But nothing really helped. I then decided to go the natural route. Even on natural route nothing helped as much as this pill. I started 1/day until I arrive at 3caps/3x daily. For 2months I was on that dosage and wow! Within a month my cystic acne cleared up. Even during that time of the month I don't get cystic acne anymore. After 2months I started lessening my dosage. I'm now at 1caps/3x daily a week before my period and during my period. I also take Vit. C and 2L of water a day. I know Life Extension brand is expensive but with all the Lactoferrin I've tried nothing beats the effectiveness of this brand and this type of lactoferrin.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »