New To iHerb?

Life Extension, Mega Benfotiamine, 250 mg, 120 Veggie Caps

neuropathy relief!

Posted by Reviewer2949562 on Oct 05, 2008

I have been using Benfotiamine since Feb. 2008. I suffer from Hereditary Sensory Neuropathy, diagnosed by Mayo's in '97. My allopathic physicians all had me using addictive anti-depressant and or anti-anxiety meds to treat this, assuring me it would only worsen with time and NOTHING could be done. Internet research put me on to Benfotiamine and sure enough it worked even tho most of the information I encountered was concerning diabetic neuropathy. I started out at a high 1200mg dose and am now down to a maintenance level of 500mg once daily. No more prescription meds for this at all. I like the larger dose of 250mg--fewer pills to swallow. I much prefer healing to band-aiding the symptom and letting the disease just worsen. I am not completely pain free. Sometimes extended periods on my feet can still cause severe discomfort but it can now be remedied by rest whereas before it couldn't, but the nighttime ordeal of little sleep, of getting up to stand on a cold tile floor in the dead of winter, or chill my feet in the bathtub, or sleep in wet socks with a fan on my feet are over. Now when I go to sleep...my feet go pleasantly with me and they're actually under the covers.

Works for Me

Posted by Reviewer1113795 on Jun 26, 2008

I was having debilitating numbness and tingling from the residual sugars diabetes leaves in the small capilaries of my hands. I would have to change position all during the night because of painful numbness. If you haven't experienced it you can't know how something can be numb and painful at the same time. It can. Within three weeks the numbness and tingling has been greatly reduced. My work involves the use of my hands on a computer graphics tablet and I was worried that I could not carry on. Thank you for this wonderful product.

Other brand did not work

Posted by Reviewer2290437 on Oct 29, 2009

I had tried Benfotiamine after doing research on the internet for natural products to help with the pain of my Neuropathy. I bought two bottles of another brand and received almost no results at all. So I was skeptical when someone recommended this brand to me. I am finishing up my first bottle and can say my pain level is much more in control than it has been in years. If you have neuropathy give this one a fair try. I take 1250 MG once daily to start. After you start to see results then you can begin to taper down to the dosage your body needs to maintain. Thank you Life Extension for making such a quality product and iHerb for stocking it at a affordable price.

Great for neuropathy at 750 to 1,000mg daily

Posted by MichaelLabib on May 19, 2011

You might need a lower dose, but my mother says that this is the effective dose for her. She has been taking 500mg for 2 months without any improvements, I told her to increase the dose and just over night she felt much more better. This combined with 1,200mg to 1,800mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid will do the trick. Don't take ALA if you are on Thyroid meds though, it will double your heart rate!!!

Awesome - type I diabetes

Posted by Reviewer1796397 on Mar 26, 2009

Been using this for about 3 weeks, and if it keeps going like this, it will surely change my life. A brittle diabetic, it's been impossible for me to keep my blood sugars normal. I've now been taking "Mega Ben," in proportion with how bad my blood sugar is--0,1,2, or 3 pills, as needed (3 pills if bs is about 475mg/dl or more for a couple of hours, for example). I have had so much muscle soreness--all over my body, and I'm sure it's from glycation end products, because the 3 times in the last 5 years my blood sugar's been good for a whole week, I felt great (imagine that)! And now with Mega Ben, I hardly have those muscle aches, and when I do, it seems mostly due to the lag time between realizing my bs's been bad, and getting the pills in. It has not caused me to slack on my diabetes care--I'm just the same as I was, only not so sick (so I have more energy to keep up my care). Because of course it can't undo all the harm done by high bs (plus I keep it to 4 a day or less)--but it surely reduces long-term complications, and definitely makes me feel much better right now. I don't know of any side effects yet, or if it will lose its helpfulness over time. I hope not! I'm very excited about it!