Tinnitus - Ageing - Energy

Posted by Reviewer1454935 on Sep 22, 2010

This product keeps me moving, helps my skin, disposition and tinnitus' should I skip my regimen it down plays my energy level and my tinnitus peaks. Have not experienced any adverse side effects. Highly recommended to anyone trying to improve his or her quality of health.

superior form of alpha-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer2080444 on Jan 13, 2010

i don't tolerate other forms of this supplement, but when i came to LEF's new formulation, it just worked. much better bioavailability.

TOTALLY OFF METFORMIN

Posted by Reviewer3324718 on Apr 28, 2012

I was taking 3 Metformins (750mg each-extended release) tablets in AM. I am totally off the diabetic meds and doing GREAT!! BUT I don't eat sugar and I watch what I eat. I've cut out sugar, white flour, and white salt and eating healthy. (I do treat myself with a few squares of New Tree dark Chocolate bar with flaxseeds occasionally.) I don't eat a piece of cake only a bite. So stop the sugar and start taking the R form of Lipoic Acid. I weaned myself off. Dropped one Metformin every 2-4 weeks and took one Super R-Lipoic Acid an 1-2 hours apart (don't know if that's necessary but I don't like to mix meds & herbs). I took one Super R 1 hr before food with glass of water in AM then Metformin later. Blood sugars are always good and MUCH better when I exercise that day (I exercise in AM). I was on diabetic meds for 8-9 years.

Top quality product!! Serious

Posted by Reviewer2959963 on Aug 21, 2014

Ive tried many forms of R ALPHA LIPOIC ACID and ALPHA LIPOIC ACID and this, believe me, is one of the very best. Its not cheap, but you get the all important top quality. To me, taking an inferior product for less money just doesnt cut it. Its the difference between feeling better and no improvement (night and day). I use it for heart, liver and cognition. Love it, i can feel it working.

super r-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer3076655 on Dec 02, 2011

I take this product for diabetic nerve damage and have found it is doing an excellent job controlling the sharp pains in my feet. I would recommend this product to anyone who is diabetic.

R-Lipoic works with Vitamins

Posted by Reviewer1400953 on Jan 20, 2010

I take R-Lipoic Acid with to help Vitamin C,Vit E, Glutathione and CoQ10 extend their metobolic lifespans. It is certainly one of the top vitamins that is easy on the budget and a top anti-oxidant. I like R-Lipoic over the Alpha Lipoic. T trust Life Extension's vitamins as they research behind them.

Great for RA

Posted by Reviewer2141854 on Dec 25, 2013

I have had RA for 27 years. It has waxed and waned. I've only taken a few supplements ( MSM, one teaspoon/day, Ascorbic Acid, 8 grams/day, and Ibuprofen, 800 mg/day), plus many natural odds and ends over the years to control the inflammation, never any prescription drugs. Regrettably, however, it had slowly gotten worse to the point where lately I can barely walk up the stairs. I recently read a piece from Life Extension on Super R-Lipoic Acid and decided to order a bottle. Wow! what a difference. I wish I would have known about this product years ago. I take 600 mg. a day. It takes effect in about 30 minutes and lasts all day. It dramatically increases energy, especially in my leg muscles. A must have for any RA sufferer. I thank Iherb for carrying this wonderful product.

Pricey but important

Posted by Reviewer1915264 on Feb 04, 2009

I use these for insulin resistance and am glad to find the higher dose per cap.

Diabetes

Posted by Reviewer1055106 on Jan 31, 2009

When I took this product I noticed an immediate fall in blood sugar levels and I could reduce my insulin by half. But after a while I made the mistake to switch to an alpha lipoic acid without the "R" just because it was less costly and I have so many other products to buy every month. I did not understand why my blood sugar began to rise again after changing to "ala" without the "R". Now I understand, after having read many articles on the subject, that the only biologically active form is "R-alpha lipoic acid." If you are a diabetic I recommend you never go for the cheaper products. Although the "R" forms are a bit more expensive they do have a biological activity the other ala products have not, at least when it comes to blood sugar control.

R-lipon zuur

Posted by 4849214291693879047 on Jul 03, 2014

Top product! I'm a 45 year young guy .Me and my wife have a own company wich means we do not have a lot off free time to spend because we are always busy.Because off this I was always tired and lack of energy. This is all gone now.Taking this has made off me a different person with tons of energy and drive without having tha side effects that you can have of products containing f.e. caffeine ;Fat loss I still havn't noticed but I must say that because I feel much better I eat more .(But this has nothing to do with this product , just my character. I'm glad I found it.