July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Life Extension, Super R-Lipoic Acid, 240 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

super r-lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer3076655 on Dec 02, 2011

I take this product for diabetic nerve damage and have found it is doing an excellent job controlling the sharp pains in my feet. I would recommend this product to anyone who is diabetic.

TOTALLY OFF METFORMIN

Posted by Reviewer3324718 on Apr 28, 2012

I was taking 3 Metformins (750mg each-extended release) tablets in AM. I am totally off the diabetic meds and doing GREAT!! BUT I don't eat sugar and I watch what I eat. I've cut out sugar, white flour, and white salt and eating healthy. (I do treat myself with a few squares of New Tree dark Chocolate bar with flaxseeds occasionally.) I don't eat a piece of cake only a bite. So stop the sugar and start taking the R form of Lipoic Acid. I weaned myself off. Dropped one Metformin every 2-4 weeks and took one Super R-Lipoic Acid an 1-2 hours apart (don't know if that's necessary but I don't like to mix meds & herbs). I took one Super R 1 hr before food with glass of water in AM then Metformin later. Blood sugars are always good and MUCH better when I exercise that day (I exercise in AM). I was on diabetic meds for 8-9 years.

Good for what it is.

Posted by Reviewer1654938 on Mar 13, 2010

Good R-LA.. Though next time around I'll be getting AOR Sustained Release R(+)-LA, as the half-life of this R-LA in your bloodstream is very short.

Quality product, good dosage

Posted by Reviewer2124393 on Sep 28, 2008

Easy to take, no bitter taste and heartburn like I always had with LEF's dihydro-lipoic acid product

Lowers blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer2283120 on Jun 28, 2011

I manage my T2 diabetes with a very low carb diet, exercise, and dietary supplements. A month ago I began to 'test' Super R-ALA. Generally my blood sugar began to be lowered, although it never went too low. I would say that my blood sugar slowly became more normalized. Now, after a month, I am having a few 5.5 readings every day, plus my daily mile-long walk lowers my BS by 2 points, more than it used to. I am really happy with R-ALA!