Good Niacin.

Posted by Reviewer1578830 on Aug 11, 2012

Definitely have a flush with these which is supposed to be a sign of it working. However the flush seems to be rather delayed in onset. Sometimes even hours later, sometimes no flush at all which makes me wonder if it is a result of the combination of other supplements taken at the same time or just some are dud.

Not bad

Posted by crisinKR on Jun 30, 2015

I was expecting a flush but the first time I took it I thought I was gonna have a heart attack (and I'm 27!) It was one of the most painful experiences I've ever had with medicines. But I kept at it and now i still get a bit itchy and very red but my body is handling it a lot better. It seems to help my skin too.

Take With Caution

Posted by Krisinsight on Jan 23, 2015

I received my iherb order yesterday and decided to try the Niacin from Life Extension I had ordered. I wisely dumped half of the capsule out before popping it in my mouth because I have experienced Niacin flushes before. Nothing happened for about 30 minutes. Since I was feeling okay I then had a cup of hot herbal tea. The flush came on with a bang starting with my face, my neck, my arms and then legs. Then my heart started beating rapidly and my tongue felt slightly swollen and my mouth dried out. I had the most severe chills (due to heat in my body from the flush) I have ever experienced but I knew I needed to drink water to flush the flush, so with shaking hands I drank water and lots of it. I think about two hours later it was over. I started researching the dose of 500 mg. On every site I went to 250 mg was considered a high dose and possibly an overdose. Now I wonder why almost everyone in the reviews think that 500 mg is a good dose to take and I see that LE sells a 1000 mg dose capsule as well. My conclusion: Taking a high dose Niacin is not for me (perhaps the fact that I take thyroid meds accentuate the flush and chills). If I take it again I will not follow up with hot tea and I will only take a very small portion of the capsule.

Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2485668 on Oct 24, 2012

Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Rash

Posted by debraananda on Jul 26, 2011

The first 3 times I took this product I produced a really bad rash, I was very red and hot all over, the fourth was a little better, but I have not taken it since

Holy flush

Posted by Reviewer1972599 on Oct 31, 2012

I have never had a flush before but this was HORRIBLE. I stuck it out for about a week and then stopped. Shouldve stuck it out for longer as apparently it takes a couple of weeks to stop. I did feel quite good otherwise though.

Vitamin b3 Niacin LIFE EXTENSION

Posted by Reviewer2170662 on Sep 05, 2015

THISPRODUCT CAUSES SERIOUS ALLERGIE TO ME AND TO MY SISTER. If I take Niacin from NOW FOOD I have no problem-

excellent