Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Life Extension, Vitamin B3 Niacin, 500 mg, 100 Capsules

Great for People who Bruise

Posted by Reviewer1590584 on Sep 24, 2014

I am 70 years old and have a tendency to bruise on my hands and lower arms. I can take one (1) B3 Niacin per day and the bruises will be gone in just a few days. Individuals may have different reactions to it. I just get real red all over, others may itch with it. I would recommend not to use it on an empty stomach for the first time.

Pure perfection

Posted by klinacz on Jan 27, 2015

I love Life Extension's products because of its purity. This supplement contains nothing but pure Niacin, gelatin and vegetable stearate. The flush is strong and nice. I am not experiencing flush any more as I did at the beginning. I would recommend to start with lower doses like 50-100 mg and drinking a lot of water if ones are vulnerable to flush effects. However I liked it when I was getting flush, the feeling was okay, sometimes itchy, I knew that it works at least. I just want say to not get discouraged by side effects, you can avoid it or weaken it. Your body will get used to it. Also 500 mg seems to be a lot so I may decrease dose to 250 or 100 mg after this container. High doses of Niacin may affect your liver functioning. Consult it with your doctor if you have any liver impairments.

like the flush

Posted by Reviewer2959854 on Oct 24, 2011

I'd prefer a lower dose - say 100mg. I divided the 500mg capsules into 5 portions. Still get the flush.

Good Niacin.

Posted by Reviewer1578830 on Aug 11, 2012

Definitely have a flush with these which is supposed to be a sign of it working. However the flush seems to be rather delayed in onset. Sometimes even hours later, sometimes no flush at all which makes me wonder if it is a result of the combination of other supplements taken at the same time or just some are dud.

Vitamin B3

Posted by Reviewer2183128 on Apr 04, 2011

Just be prepared for the Niacin Flush. The first couple of weeks of taking this I got a good healthy flush out of this every time. Problem is I did not know that B3 did this to a person. Turns out it is a very good thing. You should at least research "Niacin Flush" before you take it so you are not surprised or think you are having an allergic reaction. I am sure that a person might also look to see if it has any bad side effects, but I found nothing only good remarks about how wonderful it is for your health. I recommend this product.