July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Life Flo Health, DHEA Plus, Highly Absorbent Body Cream, 2 oz (57 g)

direct improvement - fatigue, 51 yr old female

Posted by Reviewer2460115 on Nov 14, 2011

After a dr's suggestion, I took 50mg DHEA per day and had lots of issues with sleep and feeling like I was having a heart attack after 4 days-- 50 mg oral dose was just too much for me. I cut back to 25 mg per day and felt great for a year, but I could always tell that I was getting a huge amount of effect after about 20 minutes even when splitting the oral dose over the day. i also began having a few issues with uterine cysts (adenomyosis). Thus, I went off for about 9 months, and the fatigue just was so debilitating that I once again began the DHEA. Now I use about half of the 15mg topical dose (about half of the squirt) in the morning and half in the afternoon. I have my energy back and it appears that the effect is less noticeable and therefore will hopefully not increase the uterine cysts. I am convinced that my body needs the DHEA to function. (I'm 51, had ovaries removed 3 years ago and have been feeling fatigue problems for about 6 years, with an exponential increase after the surgery.) I would say that DHEA in general has made a HUGE impact on my life, positive impact - but I think a low dose is better so that it doesn't increase estrogen as much. I would love to see a low dose DHEA patch so that it would be a sustained constant release.

Excellent product..."safe" dose

Posted by Reviewer1265833 on Aug 19, 2013

I'm a breast cancer survivor and treatments threw me into early menopause basically shutting me down almost completely with regard to hormone production...ovaries, adrenals, thyroid all shot. I see a specialist in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy on a monthly basis and while the prescribed concoctions for estriol/estradiol (sublingual) and progesterone from the compounding pharmacy work well, I could not tolerate the oral DHEA for whatever reason. I developed horrible heart palpatations among other things so I was forced to discontinue use in spite of very low levels of DHEA (due to adrenal fatigue/exhaustion). A year or so later with my levels still low, I tried and found I could tolerate an oral 5 mg. dose I found on IHerb. However, after my last blood test showed lower than ever DHEA levels (apparently I wasn't absorbing this at all), I determined I had to try an alternative delivery method. I was thrilled to find Life Flo made a low dose DHEA cream as I'd tried their progesterone cream before seeking treatment from my specialist and it did seem to work pretty well. Within 2 weeks of starting on this cream, I noticed increased energy and clearer thinking. While everyone's different, this seems to be working for me and is one of the only low dose over the counter DHEA products I have come across. Will update review after my next blood test in a few months.

2 Days to a New Me

Posted by Reviewer2966045 on Jun 22, 2010

This amazing cream improved my symptoms within a day or two, and I can really feel it if I forget a dose! This is what convinces me that what I am experiencing is not simply a placebo effect. I was originally buying this from a compounding pharmacy when it was 1st prescribed by my MD; then I found it on iHerb.com for less than half the cost. Now I buy all my hormonal supplements here and save lots of $ without any change in effectiveness. Thanks iHerb!

Cheaper than compounded RX

Posted by Reviewer3088434 on Nov 15, 2011

I tried this instead of my costly compounded DHEA prescription and it works just as well at a fraction of the cost

DHEA

Posted by Reviewer3053505 on Feb 11, 2010

I like that it is in cream form and bypasses the liver for absorbsan.