Great as antiperspirant but stings like hell!

Posted by fromstrawtomore on Sep 18, 2012

This is possibly the best underarm antiperspirant, either natural or chemical, I have ever used. Three sprays under each arm provides fantastic resistance to sweating. Using this magnesium oil elsewhere on the body is more problematic because it STINGS and BURNS quite a lot. So I have two pump packs, one 100% pure for use as an antiperspirant and one diluted 1:2 (oil:water) for muscles. Even with that dilution it stings, but it's tolerable.

Absorbs well but itchy

Posted by 4711591714654111854 on Nov 06, 2012

I think it absorbs good, likely better than the pill forms, but this causes very annoying itching and almost burning like sensation under my arm pits when I use it as deodorant.. It does that 6 time outta 10... Doesnt cause that effect every time, nor in anyone else in my house hold who's used it, perhaps I just have a different reaction to it... Placed anywhere else on my skin doesnt cause that effect either strangely...

Bottle Has No Security Seal

Posted by Reviewer2469206 on Jul 22, 2012

A convenient single-ingredient product for external use, make sure your skin is not cut or it will sting. You can always add distilled water to make it less concentrated. Works great as a deodorant, a good alternative to clays, most deodorants have undesirable ingredients.

Crystals Blocked the Dispenser

Posted by energetyx on Mar 06, 2014

This magnesium oil doesn't leave too much of a sticky residue, nor does it smell bad (the last brand I used smelled terrible). The only problem is that there were a lot of crystals in the bottom of the bottle which blocked the pump dispenser after just a few sprays. I contacted the manufacturer about this and they didn't provide any help. I bought a new dispenser bottle and filtered out the crystals, but probably won't buy it again.

Great Product - junk sprayer

Posted by 5292132049059997307 on Feb 26, 2014

The product itself is great - but the sprayer broke after the first use.

Pure Magnesium Oil

Posted by Reviewer2228158 on Aug 18, 2011

Using this along with magnesium tablets to increase my daily intake.Currently I'm taking extra magnesium as studies have shown magnesium raises athletes’ testosterone levels. Does cause slight burning sensation when first applied to skin.

More cons than pros for me

Posted by bODYhACK3r on Jan 07, 2014

Pros: -Cheap, one bottle lasts a month aprox. -Best absorption except injected, oral absorption is poor in comparison. Cons: -Takes aproximately two hous to completely absorb unless you rub the skin every now and then. -Often it causes irritation, especially if rubbed to aid absorption or in areas like thighs where in fact I had to remove it because of the urticaria. -The spray dispenser doesn´t work and I had to pour it myself, a mess. All in all I won´t be using mag oil for my magnesium needs anymore, but if you have patience and a non-sensitive skin then is the best magnesium.

Tickles

Posted by 4879751550636188817 on Oct 10, 2014

Easy to use but feels awfully sticky and it burns/ tickles like crazy! I have to wash the oil away from my skin after letting it absorb about an hour.

okay

Posted by 5013526863525917313 on Oct 22, 2014

The magnesium is in water and when sprayed any residue on the nozzle will harden like when salt water dries so it is important to wipe clean after each use. Also this can burn if used on nicked skin and is drying so you will want to follow up with coconut oil or some other moisturizer. I didn't notice any effect in terms of feeling physically or mentally better after using this for a month, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work as a supplement. I've never had issues with my magnesium levels because I eat a proper diet so I won't be reordering.

I have never used magnesium oil before.

Posted by mhineau on Feb 15, 2015

It seems ok but I have nothing to compare it to.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »