A hair saviour

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Sep 18, 2011

It seems we're discovering new and exotic oils almost daily. I'd never heard of Tamanu Oil until stumbling upon it by accident on the IHerb website and am glad I did! It has a dark green colour plus a woody, tree-like scent but is colourless when rubbed in and sinks into skin very well. I've used it on my face as a night-time moisturiser and also on my hair. Where I'm currently living in Saudi Arabia, the salty tapwater is a nightmare! The combination of burning sun and salty water turns the hair into straw in no time! I'd despaired of finding anything to soothe my hair (even coconut oil didn't achieve the desired result). ....Enter Tamanu Oil!! At bedtime I rub a very small amount into my palms and gently apply to the lengths and ends of my hair. In the morning my hair feels smoother and more manageable. Over time I'm sure it will get better and better as I feel the Tamanu Oil is not just softening the hair but feeding it too. Only a tiny amount is required, so the bottle will last for years! Highly recommended.

THE REAL THING

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 05, 2011

Absolutely the real thing! I have been using pure and organic tamanu oil for some time and my skin loves it and looks better and better (and I'm 48). I can vouch for this particular oil. Try it- it's fantastic!

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2792651 on Jan 07, 2011

I have eczema and this product is the best that I found so far.

LOVE THIS OIL!!!

Posted by Reviewer1739465 on Sep 08, 2010

I can't say enough about this product. I have had very dry facial skin since my late 30's, and my face is also extremely sensitive to products. I finally found a borage oil moisturizer that seemed to somewhat help; however, this product is so long lasting (I actually use it over top of my borage oil moisturizer) and gives my face a youthful glow. Now in my mid 40's, my face looks and feels so youthful because of this product. It also is great to use under makeup since it gives such a silky feel it helps makeup go on smoothly.

Tamanu oil: Polynesia's best kept beauty secret.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014

In addition to being cold pressed, organically grown, and free of any additives or preservatives, this amazing oil is an ancient Polynesian beauty secret famous for its powerful cicatrizing, healing, nourishing, regenerating, pain alleviating, antineuralgic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antioxidant properties and truly an amazing remedy for acne, scars, stretch marks, as well as many other serious skin conditions. Rich in palmitic, stearic saturated fatty acids, oleic, linoleic unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, it accelerates healing and the growth of new and healthy skin, encourages cell renewal and regeneration, nourishes, soothes, and repairs dry and damaged skin, relieves pain caused by inflammation, fends off infection, prevents dryness, chapping, and inflammation, improves the skin tone and complexion, restores the skin's elasticity, protects against premature aging. Absorbing quickly without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores, it's capable of calming itching and allergies, soothing irritation and inflammation, facilitating the healing of small wounds, cuts, burns, sore and chapped lips, fighting acne, blemishes, age spots, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, preventing and reducing scarring and stretch marks, alleviating pain caused by sunburn and dry, peeling and flaky skin and scalp, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. I've been using this wonderful tamanu oil only for a few weeks, by the results speak for themselves: my skin is no longer dry, flaky and painful to the touch – it's softer, smoother and has a healthy glow, my complexion has improved, my acne has cleared up, redness and inflammation is gone, some fine lines and stretch marks have faded. This wonderful product exceeded all my expectations. So glad I discovered it on iHerb.

Tamanu, I love you!

Posted by iLove-iHerb on Feb 07, 2011

This has got to be one of the nicest products I've put on my skin. I've been using it for around 3 weeks and have noticed a subtle but definite refining effect. Small blemishes I had have quickly healed (rather than their usual hanging around for too long) and the general appearance of my skin is smoother and much more even in tone. The side pleasure of this oil is it's scent – in a word, delicious.

Miracle oil!

Posted by 4771222145634747044 on Oct 30, 2014

Wanted to buy Farsali Volcanic Elixir but they don't ship to Australia. This is the purest Tamanu oil I've tried and after finally getting my hands on the Farsali I went back to this one because it didn't break my out like the elixir did. Definitely try this. Perfect for my acne prone skin, doesn't clog my pores and is extremely moisturizing! I love it under my mineral foundation :) ...my only complaint is I wish it came with a dropper bottle, other than that couldn't be more pleased.

LOVE THIS TO DEATH!!!

Posted by 4635815786855395357 on Jan 08, 2015

Nothing much to comment except to try this out. I wish iHerb/Life Flo would sponsor me this because I live in Singapore and it is so difficult to find this oil. Whenever I get any skin irritation from bad skincare/makeup product, this oil calms the inflammation and with consistent use it DOES help to lighten scars and improve skin texture.

Wonderful oil!

Posted by celestialleo on Dec 06, 2010

This oil is very rich and has amazing properties...stops itch, relieves plain, kills off bad infections (had one on my hand)...feels good and rebuilds skin...like its mild distinctive aroma!

Very Nice

Posted by Reviewer2884772 on Dec 08, 2011

No oily feeling or terrible smell. It is very moisturizing for my eczema.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »