Life Flo Health, Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (50 ml)

Reviews 2-star

My skin requires a higher concentration

Posted by butteredcrumpet From Australia on Apr 12, 2013

Recently, I have been entertaining the idea of trying a prescription retinoid for skin renewal. I use an assortment of glycolic and lactic acid OTC products but have found that I need something stronger to really penetrate and clear out my congested pores. While browsing iherb one day, I came across the Life-Flo Retinol A and was intrigued as I was unaware that you could purchase such an item OTC. I've used other products from Life-Flo and have always found that they are of excellent quality. First of all the cream is strongly scented, it has a vivid vitamin C scent which isn't horrible but could be too much for scent sensitive people. The cream itself spreads easily on the skin and only a small amount is required to cover a large area. It isn't a terribly heavy cream and absorbs well into the skin with no sticky residue but I could find it being too much for oily skinned people. At first, I only started applying this to my nose as this area on my face is fairly hardy and the other reviews note a peiod of peeling. I did not have any adverse effects on my nose, no redness or peeling and my skin felt somewhat smooth. I started using the cream on the rest of my face but found that it didn't really live up to my expectations. Firstly, I didn't experience any peeling, stinging or redness which is obviously a good thing but to me these show that the product is working, especially with a chemical exfoliant. I continued to use but found that my skin wasn't clearer, smoother or softer, instead, I think that it may have caused some congestion. I gave the cream to my mum to try and she was not overjoyed with it either. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

Advanced Revitalization Cream Retinol A 1%

Posted by Reviewer2626023 From Australia on Jan 06, 2014

I have been using this for quite some time now. I'm on the 3rd jar. Although it does seem to tighten the neck area, after my skin finally got used to it I haven't noticed any difference in fading sunspots.So I probably wouldn't purchase this again if there's no change after the 3rd jar is finished.

so sad

Posted by 5301189467529054019 on Mar 29, 2014

It burns my skin. but still using it

Not for me

Posted by 5350941118027587096 on Apr 03, 2014

Unfortunately the cream made my skin so dry like a desert. It takes me almost a week to back to a normal condition. Now, the cream is waiting for another chance.