My skin requires a higher concentration

Posted by WellnessRoad on Apr 12, 2013

Recently, I have been entertaining the idea of trying a prescription retinoid for skin renewal. I use an assortment of glycolic and lactic acid OTC products but have found that I need something stronger to really penetrate and clear out my congested pores. While browsing iherb one day, I came across the Life-Flo Retinol A and was intrigued as I was unaware that you could purchase such an item OTC. I've used other products from Life-Flo and have always found that they are of excellent quality. First of all the cream is strongly scented, it has a vivid vitamin C scent which isn't horrible but could be too much for scent sensitive people. The cream itself spreads easily on the skin and only a small amount is required to cover a large area. It isn't a terribly heavy cream and absorbs well into the skin with no sticky residue but I could find it being too much for oily skinned people. At first, I only started applying this to my nose as this area on my face is fairly hardy and the other reviews note a peiod of peeling. I did not have any adverse effects on my nose, no redness or peeling and my skin felt somewhat smooth. I started using the cream on the rest of my face but found that it didn't really live up to my expectations. Firstly, I didn't experience any peeling, stinging or redness which is obviously a good thing but to me these show that the product is working, especially with a chemical exfoliant. I continued to use but found that my skin wasn't clearer, smoother or softer, instead, I think that it may have caused some congestion. I gave the cream to my mum to try and she was not overjoyed with it either. Sadly, I will not be repurchasing.

Advanced Revitalization Cream Retinol A 1%

Posted by Reviewer2626023 on Jan 06, 2014

I have been using this for quite some time now. I'm on the 3rd jar. Although it does seem to tighten the neck area, after my skin finally got used to it I haven't noticed any difference in fading sunspots.So I probably wouldn't purchase this again if there's no change after the 3rd jar is finished.

Good but proper retin A is better

Posted by 5107892257132099166 on Jun 11, 2015

My summary: meh. granted I'm only 21 and was using this as an effort to improve: MINOR sun spots, blackheads, very fine lines. No improvement despite using it properly. Burnt my skin by accident initially but sorted that issue by being a little more careful. It just didn't do a whole lot - if anything. It simply made my skin more sensitive (which i don't mind if I see improvements). I would choose something a little more effective and gentle for future use. Perhaps if I were older it would work a little better. For now I'll stick with my microfiber cloths, retin a 0.25% and salicylic acid thank you. Worth the try though so I know for next time.

Not for me

Posted by 5721267020146724104 on Apr 03, 2015

I didn't like this cream first the smell is very odd, though the smell does seem to vanish after a few minutes. Also don't put to much on, i put a little too much on one night and work up in the morning and my face was burnt and peeled like after a sun burn... it took 3 or 4 days of skin flaking off and minor pain... this stuff is powerful so dont overdue it.

so sad

Posted by 5301189467529054019 on Mar 29, 2014

It burns my skin. but still using it

Not for me

Posted by 5350941118027587096 on Apr 03, 2014

Unfortunately the cream made my skin so dry like a desert. It takes me almost a week to back to a normal condition. Now, the cream is waiting for another chance.

Disappointment

Posted by 4948339227482529752 on Jul 30, 2014

I used this on my face first, but it burn it and made a damage results! Then I stop it and use it at my knees, day after day (not everyday be aware!) and it gave a good results .. But i still disapointmint because it damaged my face :(

So far so...okay.

Posted by 4848854447848983712 on Jun 03, 2016

I'm 39 have relatively few fine lines and occasional breakouts. I've only had this product for about 2 weeks now and have noticed nothing encouraging. Used nightly since I received it, I have developed no sensitivity, stinging or peeling. I must not have sensitive skin or this is not a 1% retinol cream. It goes on a little greasy but by morning is absorbed. The smell is not unpleasant and I have not had any staining on my white sheets like others have commented. It works fine as a moisturizer, although a little heavy. I use a little scoop rather than my fingers so as not to contaminate the cream. Maybe I just need more time to see results with fine lines and breakouts, but so far no miracles for me...not even just softer skin. I'll update if this changes. Nice price, an okay product. **UPDATE** Giving it 2 stars. Used the jar and ended up breaking out worse. I thought I might just be purging but that was not the case. I really had high hopes for this! Maybe good for some, but not for me. : (

developed allergy

Posted by 5244045666242423262 on May 02, 2016

developed contact dermatitis after 2 days of application at night.Had to consult a doctor to tame the rash.