Great Skin Cream

Posted by 5103563200063777171 on Dec 16, 2014

I have been using this cream for about 6 months now and i have seen a distinct improvment in the fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. Its a thick luxurious cream, orange in colour, which has a strong smell of oranges. you only need a tiny bit and it spreads well. i use this twice a week as it is too strong for any more than that. When i first started using it it made my skin peel but this is to be expected from a product that contains retinol, if you are not used to it your skin will peel. furthermore, if it is making you peel and you use it 2 nights in a row it will give you what looks like a light sunburn. potent stuff! but after a while using it your skin gets used to it and you can use it more often. highly reccommended for smoothing out fine lines and improving the texture of your skin but be aware that this takes time and doesn't happen overnight!

Effective!

Posted by septkaye on Sep 02, 2014

Helps with lines, blemishes and acne. Can be very drying so apply sparingly. Had a very bad reaction in the neck area as it got very red and itchy. Just using in my face for now.

It works!

Posted by Reviewer2314773 on Jul 21, 2014

This cream works. It improves overall skin tone and texture but does so slowly and gently. There isn't noticed peeling or stinging that is often present when using a retinol cream. Even though it isn't recommended to use retinol around the eye area, I've done so with this cream on a few occasions without any incident. It's not greasy, but it is tacky to touch. Because of this, I find that it works great under mineral makeup. It provides a sticky base for the makeup to adhere to. I've used this on my face, neck, hands, and a stretch mark that I've recently acquired (at bedtime) and have continued to receive great results. The results aren't immediate, but they are obvious with consistent use. Because of how well this works, I'm tempted to try out the higher dosage. Btw, my skin is accustomed to retinol creams and tca peels and things of this nature, so I didn't experience the stinging and burning that others reported. Also, I don't use this on my face everyday and night. I alternate products. On days that I don't use this, I notice the absorption of my other products seems to be much better. Overall, I'm really glad I've added this to my skincare routine.

No complaints

Posted by Reviewer1540113 on Jan 26, 2012

I am unable to use Rx Retin A. It burns my skin. This, however, is very pleasant to use. I got a tiny amount of peel around my nose after using it two nights in a row. But my skin really needs exfoliation, so I don't mind at all. Retinol A is one of the few substances that has clinical results proving its effectiveness. And I am in love with Life Flo.

Thanks iherb!

Posted by 4907883647798794926 on Mar 18, 2014

I used 2 nights in a row and skip for 1 night, resulting in clear skin, smaller pore and blemishes free skin. Really love this product. But don't overdo it, or your skin will burn!!

Sheer perfection

Posted by FalseUnicorn on Feb 28, 2014

I love this cream, it smells great and it makes my skin look really good and my mimical wrinkles are disappearing. The cream is yellowish but it`s not a problem because one shouldn`t wear creams with retinol at daytime anyway. Don`t forget your sunscreen and start with appying retinol 1-2 times a week.

not for sensitive skin

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Dec 18, 2013

Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid are the only two ingredients actually backed up by science, known to do something for the skin, in an ocean of useless cosmetic products. This is not for sensitive skin types,however, and must be used according to instructions. Also, if there are patches of damaged skin this will peel off the protective layer.

So far so good!

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 17, 2012

Only been using it for 4-5 days, and no adverse reactions so far. But please, do change the packageing! In a tube, the retinol stays fresh and active- but in a jar like this, well I'll just have to use it up fast! The scent is pleasant by the way. Update: I´m getting a bit fed up with the runny consitency of this ´cream´- it is very runny and would work sooo much better in a tube. Also the orange essential oil is not an ideal ingredient in a facial cream - this I have picked up from Beautypedia. I´m switching to Derma A´s retinol options instead.

Hate it!

Posted by 5354324088612118969 on Jun 02, 2014

I just got this cream, have been using it for a week, and really don't like it. Not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing because at first it seemed to do absolutely nothing, actually, made me break out immediately after first use. Since it didn't seem to irritate my skin I continued to use it (which is probably more often than they said to apply it). After something like 4 days my skin started peeling all of a sudden, broke out all over, and it's burning and peeling like I'm sunburnt. I would have used as directed, but it literally felt like it did nothing, and then boom. Bottom like - it doesn't tighten, does not improve the appearance of skin (again, made me break out), literally no improvement from this cream). I would not buy it again. Update after a few months... I started using this much less frequently - about once a week, then every 3-4 days. it works good for major wrinkles like forehead frown marks. If used too often will make skin peel and break out. Caution - retinol does increase cell turnover so it will bring all pimples and such to the surface. You do have to get used to this one, and it is NOT for daily use. Changing the rating to 3 stars, it's still not that amazing, but at least not horrible as I originally thought.

Bad product - Mal producto

Posted by 4618743383735331308 on Oct 14, 2015

I wanted try retinol A in high concentration. I knew retinol A acts cleaning the firsts layers of skin. But this cream burn my skin, and i don't feel any benefits. If you want the benefits of vitamin A in your skin, use creams with retinoic acid not with retinol A. Although if you decide use this cream, use only by night. --- Quería probar retinol A en alta concentración. Sabía que el retinol A actúa limpiando las primeras capas de la piel. Pero esta crema solo quema mi piel, y no siento ningún beneficio. Si deseas los beneficios de la vitamina A en tu piel, usa cremas con ácido retinoico no con retinol A. Aunque si usted decide utilizar esta crema, usela sólo por la noche.