Life Flo Health, Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (50 ml)

Pleasantly surprised.

Posted by Reviewer2298049 on Jan 05, 2014

I honestly wasn't expecting much from this cream due to the low price and packaging. but after four weeks of using it, I have been pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely going to continue using it as my night cream. I have oily combination forty something skin which is prone to the occasional breakout. I was worried its richness would cause me to break out, but it has cleared my skin dramatically, and faded old acne pigment scars. Overall, my skin now looks softer, even toned and refined. Fine lines have been soften, enlarged pores minimized, and the stubborn blackheads are gone. I just started using it every night now with minimal irritation. I would strongly recommend using it once every other day to start, and slowly condition your skin to the 1% retinol. It's potent and will cause irritation if not careful. A drop of Emu oil after applying the cream has really helped minimize any redness or irritation in the morning.

Posted by DenaerisTargaryen on Jul 08, 2013

I have been using this cream for about a month now. I like the consistency, the smell and the results. This product got me a light peel, and I feel my skin is much better hydrated and looks better to me. I bought this product in order to use it before I do a TCA peel, and as an effective night cream. The product should be applied according the attached instructions. Don't use it every night from the start on because it will sting your face. I also love the fact that this product is OTC and affordable.

Great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer3192910 on Aug 29, 2011

I've been using it now for about a month, but from the first few days I noticed a difference in my skin. People tell me all the time what a beautiful complexion I have. (And I don't). It's the best product I've ever seen for acne, too. The product is amazing and you can't beat the price. Highly recommend!

Is it 1%?

Posted by azarova on Sep 10, 2013

Retinol 1% is normally way stronger than that. I have my Skinceuticals 1% and its refining properties are miraculous. So, Life Flo. This is a yellow cream with quite strong but quite pleasant scent, though I can see some people not liking it. Cream is on the oilier side and does a good job moisturizing the skin. The jar is quite big so it will last for quite a while. Its refining properties are definitely not enough for me and I didn't notice any "revitalization" difference so next time will try something else. Please click "yes" if this information was helpful. See other product reviews on my personal page.

May cause outbreak

Posted by Reviewer1095723 on Jul 28, 2012

This cream causes peeling, so you really have to follow the instructions on the box which say to start from a frequency of twice week. I was too zealous and used it everyday, thinking that my skin should have been conditioned by reviva's 5 % glycolic acid cream and by my monthly 35 % glycolic acid peels. My skin was definitely brighter after using the retinol a but the cream was quite greasy and i suffered a minor outbreak. My chin started peeling badly and when i used the glycolic peel, i suffered from major stinging and redness, something i've never experienced before. Am going to alternate between the glycolic acid cream and retin a cream and stop the retin a for a week before i do the glycolic peel.