Advanced Revitalization Cream Retinol A 1%

Posted by Reviewer2626023 on Jan 06, 2014

I have been using this for quite some time now. I'm on the 3rd jar. Although it does seem to tighten the neck area, after my skin finally got used to it I haven't noticed any difference in fading sunspots.So I probably wouldn't purchase this again if there's no change after the 3rd jar is finished.

0 stars: please read about my experience before you buy this.

Posted by Reviewer1546686 on May 11, 2016

I used this cream for just two nights. I then broke out into a terrible rash. I have white bumps on my face and red splotches on my neck. I'm itchy and my skin is constantly stinging. I went to the doctor and she told me retinol is a medicine and is best prescribed by a doctor. Since many creams are only 0.05%-0.5%, I should've known 1% is too strong. I urge anyone interested in this cream to talk to a doctor first and then test a small area of skin. I'm now on oral medication and applying a cortisone cream. I'll have further treatment done this weekend. This cream has cost me over $100 in skin damage/repair. :*(

depressed to happy

Posted by 5234067786311231793 on May 17, 2016

im 32 still suffering from acne and have pokermarks all over my face that my 3yr old tell me im not pretty. 😭 after trying this cream on alternate days, my face become clearer, poke marks become smaller and less redness. i love the tight feeling on my face. now my face less oily and honeslty i feel happier looking in the mirror and touching my face. into my 3rd week of using the cream

Great Skin Cream

Posted by 5103563200063777171 on Dec 16, 2014

I have been using this cream for about 6 months now and i have seen a distinct improvment in the fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes. Its a thick luxurious cream, orange in colour, which has a strong smell of oranges. you only need a tiny bit and it spreads well. i use this twice a week as it is too strong for any more than that. When i first started using it it made my skin peel but this is to be expected from a product that contains retinol, if you are not used to it your skin will peel. furthermore, if it is making you peel and you use it 2 nights in a row it will give you what looks like a light sunburn. potent stuff! but after a while using it your skin gets used to it and you can use it more often. highly reccommended for smoothing out fine lines and improving the texture of your skin but be aware that this takes time and doesn't happen overnight!

Sheer perfection

Posted by FalseUnicorn on Feb 28, 2014

I love this cream, it smells great and it makes my skin look really good and my mimical wrinkles are disappearing. The cream is yellowish but it`s not a problem because one shouldn`t wear creams with retinol at daytime anyway. Don`t forget your sunscreen and start with appying retinol 1-2 times a week.

Effective!

Posted by septkaye on Sep 02, 2014

Helps with lines, blemishes and acne. Can be very drying so apply sparingly. Had a very bad reaction in the neck area as it got very red and itchy. Just using in my face for now.

It works!

Posted by Reviewer2314773 on Jul 21, 2014

This cream works. It improves overall skin tone and texture but does so slowly and gently. There isn't noticed peeling or stinging that is often present when using a retinol cream. Even though it isn't recommended to use retinol around the eye area, I've done so with this cream on a few occasions without any incident. It's not greasy, but it is tacky to touch. Because of this, I find that it works great under mineral makeup. It provides a sticky base for the makeup to adhere to. I've used this on my face, neck, hands, and a stretch mark that I've recently acquired (at bedtime) and have continued to receive great results. The results aren't immediate, but they are obvious with consistent use. Because of how well this works, I'm tempted to try out the higher dosage. Btw, my skin is accustomed to retinol creams and tca peels and things of this nature, so I didn't experience the stinging and burning that others reported. Also, I don't use this on my face everyday and night. I alternate products. On days that I don't use this, I notice the absorption of my other products seems to be much better. Overall, I'm really glad I've added this to my skincare routine.

Thanks iherb!

Posted by 4907883647798794926 on Mar 18, 2014

I used 2 nights in a row and skip for 1 night, resulting in clear skin, smaller pore and blemishes free skin. Really love this product. But don't overdo it, or your skin will burn!!

No complaints

Posted by Reviewer1540113 on Jan 26, 2012

I am unable to use Rx Retin A. It burns my skin. This, however, is very pleasant to use. I got a tiny amount of peel around my nose after using it two nights in a row. But my skin really needs exfoliation, so I don't mind at all. Retinol A is one of the few substances that has clinical results proving its effectiveness. And I am in love with Life Flo.

so far so good

Posted by 4976676051676200367 on Dec 14, 2015

I've been using skin doctors gamma Hydroxy forte for about two years now and decided to up my dosage of retinol. After a couple of weeks of usage, this seems like a great product, especially given the low price. Just a tip to users; although I avoid my eye area, I found that when I applied my under-eye cream, there was obviously enough residual product left on my fingers that I ended up with stinging red rings around my eyes- I now wash my hands straight after applying it. The only reason I deducted a star was firstly because I don't like the packaging (an airless pump would be more appropriate for a product like retinol) And secondly because on receiving it, the product was VERY warm (it had obviously been sitting in the back of the postal truck all day long). I know this isn't explicitly iHerbs fault, but ultimately they are an online retailer and it's their responsibility to make sure products arrive with the same integrity as they left.