Life Time, Life's Basics, Plant Protein Mix, Natural Vanilla Flavor, 18.52 oz (525 g)

Please can the manufacturer offer 'refill' packaging!!!

Posted by Reviewer1232922 From California on Nov 05, 2008

It is upsetting to us to throw away heavy plastic containers every week. They could send the refills in some sort of ziploc style bags that have far less impact on the landfills/environment. Myself and my friends buy a lot of these products but are thinking of stopping simply because we feel so bad about the wasteful packaging. Thanks in advance for forwarding this on to the manufacturer. Natalie Gray

so healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2800874 From Arizona on Dec 19, 2008

As a vegan on a diet, this powder helps me get a balanced amount of protein. I eat it for breakfast to kick start my metabolism for the day. It sets itself above other vegan protein powders for me because: 1) It has no soy protein, instead it has a nice mix from other sources. 2) It is deliciously sweet because it is delicately sweetened by stevia, not sugar. Stevia is a natural sweetener that does not effect your blood sugar levels.(Warning: some of my friends that don't like sweet don't like the powder). 3) It has a high amount of protein, so you get more bang for your buck. Other vegan protein powders may have 1/3 the amount that this one has for the same amount of calories. 4) Some myths (and maybe truths) about protein powder are that they are geared to make you gain weight, are made of highly synthetic foods, and have strange chemicals. This may be true for other non-vegan powders, but it is not true for this one. This is definitely the most delicious and best vegan protein powder I have found. I highly recommend it, and it is worth every penny. Also check out the version with greens.

Hemp Protein Powder

Posted by Reviewer1761366 From Australia on Sep 19, 2008

This product is brilliant. It's far and away the best protein powder I have tried. It tastes great and it's much better than whey protein powders as they cause my digestive system to go nuts. This is a great product. I wish it were readily available in Australia, however, I know I can get it from iHerb, which is great! Lynda Hill From DownUnder

Don't know what to think

Posted by Reviewer2159516 From New Jersey on Jan 13, 2009

The first time I received this order there was no inside seal. Since the container clearly states not to use if the seal was broken, I called and iHerb gladly sent me a replacement. The replacement did have a seal inside, but it was not even attached to the bottle and it looked as though someone had handcut it (it was all uneven and jagged)and just laid it on top of the opening. Needless to say, I have not used the product and I'm really not sure how to best approach the issue this time.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3343479 From California on Aug 06, 2008

I have been searching for vegan protein powders, because I feel better when I consume more protein. Soy is problematic for many reasons. Some rice proteins are horrible tasting and come from China (I will never eat anything from China -- too risky, polluted, corrupt and no quality control). Isolated pea proteins taste like dog food. However, this stuff is absolutely magnificent and I love it! It has natural fiber, almost no sugar, and a little bit of chia seeds. Another excellent product is MLO Rice Protein, which is not made in China (I called them) and is now available at iHerb.