New To iHerb?

Life Time, Life's Basics, Plant Protein Mix, Natural Vanilla Flavor, 18.52 oz (525 g)

Reviews 5-star

Super Sweet Yummy Taste

Posted by Reviewer1874641 on Mar 19, 2011

Yes, this powder is very sweet, as stated in other reviews. For me, that's just fine, since I love the super sweet taste. I mixed it with just enough water to make a thick batter, and ate it with a spoon. It felt like actually eating a meal, rather than just drinking a shake. It kept me full for like 5-6 hours with no blood sugar spikes or crashes. I really love the soy-free gluten-free nature of the product, and intend on keeping it a part of my healthy diet.

so healthy!

Posted by Reviewer2800874 on Dec 19, 2008

As a vegan on a diet, this powder helps me get a balanced amount of protein. I eat it for breakfast to kick start my metabolism for the day. It sets itself above other vegan protein powders for me because: 1) It has no soy protein, instead it has a nice mix from other sources. 2) It is deliciously sweet because it is delicately sweetened by stevia, not sugar. Stevia is a natural sweetener that does not effect your blood sugar levels.(Warning: some of my friends that don't like sweet don't like the powder). 3) It has a high amount of protein, so you get more bang for your buck. Other vegan protein powders may have 1/3 the amount that this one has for the same amount of calories. 4) Some myths (and maybe truths) about protein powder are that they are geared to make you gain weight, are made of highly synthetic foods, and have strange chemicals. This may be true for other non-vegan powders, but it is not true for this one. This is definitely the most delicious and best vegan protein powder I have found. I highly recommend it, and it is worth every penny. Also check out the version with greens.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Aug 06, 2008

I have been searching for vegan protein powders, because I feel better when I consume more protein. Soy is problematic for many reasons. Some rice proteins are horrible tasting and come from China (I will never eat anything from China -- too risky, polluted, corrupt and no quality control). Isolated pea proteins taste like dog food. However, this stuff is absolutely magnificent and I love it! It has natural fiber, almost no sugar, and a little bit of chia seeds. Another excellent product is MLO Rice Protein, which is not made in China (I called them) and is now available at iHerb.

life;s Basic Plant Protdein

Posted by Reviewer2520319 on Jun 27, 2008

Escellent product.

Life Time, LIfe's Basics, Plant Protein

Posted by Reviewer1218475 on Sep 30, 2008

This is the best non dairy protein powder I have come across. It even tastes wonderful with water. iHerb.com offered a significant savings from my local health food store.