Life Time, Life's Basics Plant Protein Mix, with Greens, 19.84 oz (1.24 lb /562.4 g)

unbelieveably delicious

Posted by Reviewer2800874 on Dec 19, 2008

As a vegan on a diet, this powder helps me get a balanced amount of protein. I eat it for breakfast to kick start my metabolism for the day. It sets itself above other vegan protein powders for me because: 1) It has no soy protein, instead it has a nice mix from other sources. 2) It is deliciously sweet because it is delicately sweetened by stevia, not sugar. Stevia is a natural sweetener that does not effect your blood sugar levels.(Warning: some of my friends that don't like sweet don't like the powder). 3) It has a high amount of protein, so you get more bang for your buck. Other vegan protein powders may have 1/3 the amount that this one has for the same amount of calories. 4) The green boost is so healthy! I alternate the kind with greens with the kind without. 5) Some myths (and maybe truths) about protein powder are that they are geared to make you gain weight, are made of highly synthetic foods, and have strange chemicals. This may be true for other non-vegan powders, but it is not true for this one. This is definitely the most delicious and best vegan protein powder I have found. I highly recommend it, and it is worth every penny.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2047858 on Jan 24, 2010

If you are working out hard and trying to build muscle, use some whey. If you want a good nutritional supplement then don’t use whey. This is a much better and more nutritionally complete product. I gave this a shot based on influence from Tony Gonzalez book “The All-Pro DIET”. I didn’t eliminate but cut way back on the meat by using this as a protein alternative. Now I’m a believer if pea, rice, and hemp protein. It feels better and I think it’s going to be healthier for me in the long run. By cutting back on food consumption, running a 40, 30, 30 diet balance ratio, cutting out bleached flower, logging my daily calorie consumption, and using this as a protein source, I lost 33.5 lbs in 3 months. It was also easy to stick with. I could not have done it nearly as easily without this product. Judging the way I feel after a meal, whey doesn’t even come close. My Cholesterol is down from 171 to 142 as well. I still have 26 more to lose and will continue to use this as a supplement to my nutrition indefinitely. Good alternative to meat products and much healthier.

Mrs. S. K. P.

Posted by Reviewer2527482 on Jan 26, 2009

My husband and I are now on our second container of our Protien Shake, and we both find this very good in flavor as well as texture. We have found other similar products to be very "fluffy" or "airy" in texture and even too thick. We are very happy to find all the great ingredients in this product, especially the Chia Seed. We are ready to place another order so we will not be without. We buy two at a time as we both have our shake everyday for our breakfast, and we look forward to breakfast everyday with different fruit, almond milk, juice, organic almonds, etc. Hope you will give this product a try and enjoy as we do! God Bless, Mrs. S. K. P. of FL

A powerhouse of antioxidants and nutrients.

Posted by Reviewer1972947 on Dec 30, 2008

The taste is very good and has almost a chocolate taste to it which goes good with soya, rice or almond milk. Also a refreshing change with hemp, pea, chia, and rice powder rather than just soya powder. This one makes a terrific companion to Alive Powder.

EXCELLENT!!!

Posted by Reviewer1435111 on Apr 16, 2009

This is the best tasting protein powder I've found. Good, nutritious, tastes whey better than whey. haha. LOVE IT!