Life Time, Life's Basics Plant Protein Mix, with Greens, 19.84 oz (1.24 lb /562.4 g)

Yummy Good Nutrition!!

Posted by AletaOrganic on Mar 12, 2010

I have been trying to detox mercury from my body and have read that it is good to eat more protein during this process. I am vegetarian and have food sensitivities that limit my options. So I decided to try this protein powder that I had gotten for my son. I always thought that it smelled good, and it tastes good, too!! I just made a batch for my son and myself using unsweetened coconut milk, some frozen berries and a fresh banana. Wow! Really tasty without a lot of sugar. Full of nutrients, and very filling as well. I think this would be good for an elderly person who doesn't want to eat because of depression and lack of appetite. Or give it to your kids while they watch cartoons (or hopefully some educational t.v.) This stuff is awesome!

wonderful ingredients, great taste but i cannot use it! (xylitol intolerance)

Posted by Reviewer2742274 on Aug 22, 2010

the xylitol in this product produced major intestinal distress for me. many people can tolerate xylitol, which is a natural sweetener, but for those who cannot, beware that it can produce gas, bloating and diarrhea. i started using the product slowly but apparently even that amount was too much for me. luckily my friend who recommended this product purchased mine and she loves it with no negative side effects. i gave it one star as i could not use it, but based on the other ingredients, i would have given it four

The taste UGH

Posted by Reviewer1946812 on Apr 23, 2010

I have to say this has a taste that is not good at all. It tastes like it has a strong artifical sweetner in it.

Perfect for The Genotype Diet : Hunter

Posted by Reviewer2306621 on Mar 21, 2010

Everything in here is perfect and the taste is delicious . . . I blend it in my Vitamix and love it . . . can't wait to try the chocolate flavors. Whoever you are, thank you for putting this together!

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2585290 on Mar 22, 2010

This is the first protein powder that I can digest easily. It also tastes really good. I mix it with Rice Milk and sometimes a banana.