Updated Review.

Posted by 5447486393488261637 on Sep 12, 2015

I read in the comments of the "red" dye to let the product sit for 12 hours beforehand. I premixed BOTH packets the night before I intended to dye my hair. step 1 TURNED OUT PERFECTLY! I definitely recommend letting that one set up for 12 hours before use. step 2, however... oxidized and turned a black color in the bowl. which, in turn, turned my hair a daaaaaarrrrrrrk chestnut-ty color. so, I'm going to try this, again, this weekend. step 1 will sit for 12 hours, and I'm going to try lemon juice with step two (hoping to lighten the drab darkness that still remains) for the recommended time on the packaging. I'll give the results afterwards, but I just want to get the word out to let step 1 sit for 12 hours before use. **UPDATE** I used all lemon juice for the step 2, and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! I "may" use lemon juice for step one, next time, also, just to see if there is any difference. somehow, using the lemon juice helped keep the "tea" smell at bay. love it, love it, love it!!

Great Organic Natural Auburn Hair Color and Conditioner!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 16, 2015

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This auburn color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else.

It takes time to get the color

Posted by 5568498117060869664 on Jan 01, 2015

I have dark brown hair and some gray, the first treament i had in my hair in 40 minutes, is should ger yellow/orange/pink but it took long time for mer to get that. First after use i was dissepointed, it looked like it did not colored the gray hair more then my regular henna but after a week it looked better. It has been a month since use and it stays longer on the gray hair then my henna does so im pleesed.

With some tweeking to the directions, PERFECT!

Posted by Reviewer2911628 on Dec 31, 2011

I've dyed my hair before with Light Mountain Auburn (not* the 'color the gray!) before. But, this go around, I decided I needed more coverage. I don't have 'gray' hair... it's WHITE where it is changing. I was concered about the results I would get, but decided to go for it. This is 'virgin' hair, no previous dye of any kind. This box comes with two applications (1) straight Henna. I followed directions to a T. But, I left it on for 30 minutes. (2) Henna/Indigo mix. Let that sit on my head for two hours, no heat (I was concerned about it turning redder than I wanted). I was not pleased with the results I got. WAY too red/copper/orange/whatever! Don't get me wrong, on someone else's skin tone, might look great... just not on me! I wanted rich auburn. I'm glad I bought two boxes. A week later, I couldn't stand it anymore. Second time around I added lemon juice (about 1/2 and 1/2). I let step (1) sit overnight in lemon juice and a little bit of distilled water Overnight. Then, I mixed step two and right away added both of them together, immediately. Apparently, to get Indigo to work it needs to be applied soon after mixing (not after sitting for hours). MUCH richer tone of red/auburn that I was looking for. VERY PLEASED.

haven't used yet

Posted by Reviewer2343473 on Sep 03, 2011

haven't used it yet. I like that it is natural. The process seems like it will be long. It's hard to find the time in a busy life to fit it in.

Light Mountain, Color the Gray!

Posted by mokomoko on May 22, 2011

取り説の通りそめてみました。時間をかけるだけあり きれいに染まりました。 色は赤っぽい茶色です。髪がつやつやになりました。

Best henna ever

Posted by Reviewer3142373 on Apr 29, 2011

I've used henna for almost 30 years. I really like this product. It gives deep nice colour and makes your hair healthy.

good

Posted by Reviewer1824138 on Apr 12, 2011

good

Good, but gritty

Posted by Reviewer2278764 on Mar 21, 2011

The two step process is a bit time consuming. The henna powder in Step 2 is slightly gritty compared to that in the first step. Overall, it is a good product and the color is accurate.

[Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 7 oz (197g)] Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 7 oz (197g)

Posted by Reviewer1586113 on Apr 26, 2010

This was the first time coloring my hair on my own, and I'm 51. It worked great! I love the color of my hair!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »