Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 7 oz (198 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

With some tweeking to the directions, PERFECT!

Posted by Reviewer2911628 on Dec 31, 2011

I've dyed my hair before with Light Mountain Auburn (not* the 'color the gray!) before. But, this go around, I decided I needed more coverage. I don't have 'gray' hair... it's WHITE where it is changing. I was concered about the results I would get, but decided to go for it. This is 'virgin' hair, no previous dye of any kind. This box comes with two applications (1) straight Henna. I followed directions to a T. But, I left it on for 30 minutes. (2) Henna/Indigo mix. Let that sit on my head for two hours, no heat (I was concerned about it turning redder than I wanted). I was not pleased with the results I got. WAY too red/copper/orange/whatever! Don't get me wrong, on someone else's skin tone, might look great... just not on me! I wanted rich auburn. I'm glad I bought two boxes. A week later, I couldn't stand it anymore. Second time around I added lemon juice (about 1/2 and 1/2). I let step (1) sit overnight in lemon juice and a little bit of distilled water Overnight. Then, I mixed step two and right away added both of them together, immediately. Apparently, to get Indigo to work it needs to be applied soon after mixing (not after sitting for hours). MUCH richer tone of red/auburn that I was looking for. VERY PLEASED.

FANTASTIC NATURAL HENNA PRODUCT FOR GRAY HAIR

Posted by Reviewer2465736 on Jul 04, 2008

This product really works! I love it! Use it at home without harsh chemicals and it really, really, really works! The color stays in for many weeks and it looks great! This is the perfect solution for coloring gray hair!!

from Sydney Australia

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 12, 2008

This product really works and the result is very satisfactory. The 2-step makes it rather time consuming, but if you have the time it's worth the effort. The result is amazing. My hair has more volume and lots of shine.

Time consuming

Posted by Reviewer1685938 on Dec 16, 2008

It takes several hours to color hair.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2726135 on Mar 24, 2008

covers up the gray good. my hair already had a brownish color, so it was easy. stocked up on red. have not tried that one.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »