With some tweeking to the directions, PERFECT!

Posted by Reviewer2911628 on Dec 31, 2011

I've dyed my hair before with Light Mountain Auburn (not* the 'color the gray!) before. But, this go around, I decided I needed more coverage. I don't have 'gray' hair... it's WHITE where it is changing. I was concered about the results I would get, but decided to go for it. This is 'virgin' hair, no previous dye of any kind. This box comes with two applications (1) straight Henna. I followed directions to a T. But, I left it on for 30 minutes. (2) Henna/Indigo mix. Let that sit on my head for two hours, no heat (I was concerned about it turning redder than I wanted). I was not pleased with the results I got. WAY too red/copper/orange/whatever! Don't get me wrong, on someone else's skin tone, might look great... just not on me! I wanted rich auburn. I'm glad I bought two boxes. A week later, I couldn't stand it anymore. Second time around I added lemon juice (about 1/2 and 1/2). I let step (1) sit overnight in lemon juice and a little bit of distilled water Overnight. Then, I mixed step two and right away added both of them together, immediately. Apparently, to get Indigo to work it needs to be applied soon after mixing (not after sitting for hours). MUCH richer tone of red/auburn that I was looking for. VERY PLEASED.

Updated Review.

Posted by 5447486393488261637 on Sep 12, 2015

I read in the comments of the "red" dye to let the product sit for 12 hours beforehand. I premixed BOTH packets the night before I intended to dye my hair. step 1 TURNED OUT PERFECTLY! I definitely recommend letting that one set up for 12 hours before use. step 2, however... oxidized and turned a black color in the bowl. which, in turn, turned my hair a daaaaaarrrrrrrk chestnut-ty color. so, I'm going to try this, again, this weekend. step 1 will sit for 12 hours, and I'm going to try lemon juice with step two (hoping to lighten the drab darkness that still remains) for the recommended time on the packaging. I'll give the results afterwards, but I just want to get the word out to let step 1 sit for 12 hours before use. **UPDATE** I used all lemon juice for the step 2, and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! I "may" use lemon juice for step one, next time, also, just to see if there is any difference. somehow, using the lemon juice helped keep the "tea" smell at bay. love it, love it, love it!!

FANTASTIC NATURAL HENNA PRODUCT FOR GRAY HAIR

Posted by Reviewer2465736 on Jul 04, 2008

This product really works! I love it! Use it at home without harsh chemicals and it really, really, really works! The color stays in for many weeks and it looks great! This is the perfect solution for coloring gray hair!!

from Sydney Australia

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 12, 2008

This product really works and the result is very satisfactory. The 2-step makes it rather time consuming, but if you have the time it's worth the effort. The result is amazing. My hair has more volume and lots of shine.

Time consuming

Posted by Reviewer1685938 on Dec 16, 2008

It takes several hours to color hair.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2726135 on Mar 24, 2008

covers up the gray good. my hair already had a brownish color, so it was easy. stocked up on red. have not tried that one.

It takes time to get the color

Posted by 5568498117060869664 on Jan 01, 2015

I have dark brown hair and some gray, the first treament i had in my hair in 40 minutes, is should ger yellow/orange/pink but it took long time for mer to get that. First after use i was dissepointed, it looked like it did not colored the gray hair more then my regular henna but after a week it looked better. It has been a month since use and it stays longer on the gray hair then my henna does so im pleesed.

Wow, this gives great coverage

Posted by Reviewer1028625 on Feb 03, 2009

This hair color really, really covers, and doesn't fade either.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1026526 on Mar 02, 2010

Excellent coverage and color

[Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 7 oz (197g)] Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Auburn, 7 oz (197g)

Posted by Reviewer1586113 on Apr 26, 2010

This was the first time coloring my hair on my own, and I'm 51. It worked great! I love the color of my hair!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »