10% Off Orders Over $40!

Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Light Brown, 7 oz (197 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Stunning results, difficult to get it right, though

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on May 03, 2010

I get lots of complements on my hair after using this product. I am about 50% gray with medium brown, and my hair is fairly thin. After using this product, my hair turns out very a shiny brown with beautiful golden red highlights and it appears as if I have twice as much hair as I actually do. I went through a lot of difficulties getting it right, though. Be aware that if you use heat, the colors can become permanent. I had a horrible experience with the dark brown after using heat on the second stage. The color would not come out, and dealing with the roots was extremely difficult. Dealing with roots with henna is about 10 times a difficult as dealing with them when using chemical hair color. My preference is to just use henna as a temporary color, and I think it is best to never use a shade darker than one's natural color. I find that it is OK to use a little heat on the first stage, if it isn't more than about 5 minutes, otherwise the red tones can build up over time. I like to add camomile tea or lemon juice to the second stage to bring out the gold.

Works, but lots of work

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Apr 24, 2012

Henna is a lot of work. It is also a big commitment: once you henna you can't switch back to chemical colorants. I use this to cover gray. The color says light brown, but on me it turns chestnut - maybe my hair is porous, or maybe I have hennaed for so long it has built up. Do a strand test. Before you try this, please realize it is going to take several HOURS - boiling distilled water, curing the henna paste, putting on the red henna, rinsing it, applying the brown indigo/henna mixture, letting it set, rinsing it....the rinsing is rather daunting. No kidding, this is a pain. However, it's the only way if you want to color your hair and not put toxic chemicals on it. If there were any other way, I would do it - but so far, this is it. Results last as long as permanent color on me. In fact, I wish they would fade because my hair is too dark. PS - you have to stay away from chlorinated pools FOREVER after you henna, or wear a Speedo cap. Unless you want green hair.

Great results

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Jul 18, 2011

The colouring process is rather messy and time consuming, but the result is perfect. Covers the grey totally. Beware that this is NOT light brown, but rather dark brown.

If you get your hairdresser to apply it, you'll be on to a winner!

Posted by Reviewer2777825 on Feb 14, 2009

I've been using this for nearly a year now and have been very pleased with the results. I didn't want to apply it myself cos I didn't want the mess or for me to get it wrong but my hairdresser offered to do it. On to a winner! She enjoys doing it, I don't have to worry how long to leave it on for, I don't get mess all over my house and I get professionally applied natural hair colour. I started off with their normal henna but this one gives more natural results.

Great Organic Natural Light Brown Hair Color and Conditioner!

Posted by BeckySue on Sep 11, 2013

Appreciate that this item is USDA Organic and contains 100% pure botanical hair color. I like that this is ammonia and peroxide free. You get a complete application kit in this complete all natural hair color and conditioning program. This light brown color contains only pure botanicals and nothing else. PLEASE click the light green Yes tab by the question "Was this review helpful?"

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »