Best Sellers New Products Super Specials! Product Trials Clearance

Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Light Brown, 7 oz (197 g)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Stunning results, difficult to get it right, though

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on May 03, 2010

I get lots of complements on my hair after using this product. I am about 50% gray with medium brown, and my hair is fairly thin. After using this product, my hair turns out very a shiny brown with beautiful golden red highlights and it appears as if I have twice as much hair as I actually do. I went through a lot of difficulties getting it right, though. Be aware that if you use heat, the colors can become permanent. I had a horrible experience with the dark brown after using heat on the second stage. The color would not come out, and dealing with the roots was extremely difficult. Dealing with roots with henna is about 10 times a difficult as dealing with them when using chemical hair color. My preference is to just use henna as a temporary color, and I think it is best to never use a shade darker than one's natural color. I find that it is OK to use a little heat on the first stage, if it isn't more than about 5 minutes, otherwise the red tones can build up over time. I like to add camomile tea or lemon juice to the second stage to bring out the gold.

If you get your hairdresser to apply it, you'll be on to a winner!

Posted by Reviewer2777825 on Feb 14, 2009

I've been using this for nearly a year now and have been very pleased with the results. I didn't want to apply it myself cos I didn't want the mess or for me to get it wrong but my hairdresser offered to do it. On to a winner! She enjoys doing it, I don't have to worry how long to leave it on for, I don't get mess all over my house and I get professionally applied natural hair colour. I started off with their normal henna but this one gives more natural results.

Great results

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Jul 18, 2011

The colouring process is rather messy and time consuming, but the result is perfect. Covers the grey totally. Beware that this is NOT light brown, but rather dark brown.

from Sydney Australia

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 12, 2008

This product really works and the result is very satisfactory. The 2-step makes it rather time consuming, but if you have the time it's worth the effort. The result is amazing. My hair has more volume and lots of shine.

I am usually a blond- but this stuff is worth it to get my hair back into a healthy state!

Posted by Reviewer2885512 on May 29, 2008

I have been a blond for years, and my former hairdresser damaged my hair with ammonia and peroxide. I used to get just highlights up until October 2005. After that she recommended I die my hair completely instead of just streaking it. It made my frizzy hair problem even worse. I have switched to a more so-called natural hair colour product with peroxide only and while I loved the colour, it didn't do my hair any better than the toxic salon products. Most of the stuff out there is toxic. I reluctantly tried this product recently, and brought it to my new hairdresser to apply. After it was done my hair was so soft and manageable-no frizz whatsoever! She didn't need to use a hair straightening iron like she did before-just a hair dryer!It's not too dark. I still prefer blond-but this is nice too. It's natural.I won't go back to another brand again. I recommended this product to a health food store, but actually the shipping and the time it took to get the product here was very efficient. I was impressed.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »