Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Light Mountain, Color the Gray!, Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Light Brown, 7 oz (197 g)

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Stunning results, difficult to get it right, though

Posted by Reviewer1689881 on May 03, 2010

I get lots of complements on my hair after using this product. I am about 50% gray with medium brown, and my hair is fairly thin. After using this product, my hair turns out very a shiny brown with beautiful golden red highlights and it appears as if I have twice as much hair as I actually do. I went through a lot of difficulties getting it right, though. Be aware that if you use heat, the colors can become permanent. I had a horrible experience with the dark brown after using heat on the second stage. The color would not come out, and dealing with the roots was extremely difficult. Dealing with roots with henna is about 10 times a difficult as dealing with them when using chemical hair color. My preference is to just use henna as a temporary color, and I think it is best to never use a shade darker than one's natural color. I find that it is OK to use a little heat on the first stage, if it isn't more than about 5 minutes, otherwise the red tones can build up over time. I like to add camomile tea or lemon juice to the second stage to bring out the gold.

I am usually a blond- but this stuff is worth it to get my hair back into a healthy state!

Posted by Reviewer2885512 on May 29, 2008

I have been a blond for years, and my former hairdresser damaged my hair with ammonia and peroxide. I used to get just highlights up until October 2005. After that she recommended I die my hair completely instead of just streaking it. It made my frizzy hair problem even worse. I have switched to a more so-called natural hair colour product with peroxide only and while I loved the colour, it didn't do my hair any better than the toxic salon products. Most of the stuff out there is toxic. I reluctantly tried this product recently, and brought it to my new hairdresser to apply. After it was done my hair was so soft and manageable-no frizz whatsoever! She didn't need to use a hair straightening iron like she did before-just a hair dryer!It's not too dark. I still prefer blond-but this is nice too. It's natural.I won't go back to another brand again. I recommended this product to a health food store, but actually the shipping and the time it took to get the product here was very efficient. I was impressed.

from Sydney Australia

Posted by Reviewer1307389 on Sep 12, 2008

This product really works and the result is very satisfactory. The 2-step makes it rather time consuming, but if you have the time it's worth the effort. The result is amazing. My hair has more volume and lots of shine.

Gray doverage for hair

Posted by Reviewer2901632 on Jun 09, 2008

Very messy - takes practice to get the consistency just right. Works well - just make sure that you cover the floor - cabinets, etc. There is not much out there that is no chemical so this is a good alternative.

Time consuming but Healthy

Posted by Reviewer2018262 on Nov 16, 2009

This product is a little time-consuming to put on, but leaves hair very shiny and healthy. My hair is healthier now than it's ever been thanks to this product. If you're willing to spend the time or your stylist is willing to apply it for you, it's definitely worth the effort!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »